Applying to UNCG
Apply to BLS at UNCG Undergraduate Admissions
Before You Apply
You must have 60 credits to take BLS classes. If you are a transfer student and you begin taking classes at UNCG before you have 60 transferable credits, you will miss out on several important waivers. If you are currently at a NC community college, you may be better off completing your Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree before you transfer.
Application Deadlines & Fees (Transfer & Returning Students)
- Fall Semester Deadline: 15 July.
- Spring Semester Deadline: 15 November.
- Summer Sessions: See Summer Sessions page.
- Application Fee: $55.00 nonrefundable processing fee.
- See online Application Instructions.
- Access SpartanLink.
- Establish your temporary account. The username and password you choose here are only used for this online application.
- Fill out all required information.
- Planned Major/Concentration:
- Primary Major: Special Programs in Liberal Studies
- Primary Concentration: Humanities or Social Sciences
- Pay the $55 application fee online with your credit card.
Optional: Download a Paper Application
- Go to the Undergraduate Admissions application page.
- Download the Undergraduate Application.
- The BLS Humanities Major Code is 820.
- The BLS Professional Studies Major Code is 873.
- The BLS Social Sciences Major Code is 862.
- The North Carolina Residency Information is required to qualify for in-state tuition.
- The High School Report Form is not necessary for adult/transfer students.
Send Your Transcripts
- Send all transcripts to:
UNCG Undergraduate Admissions
P.O. Box 26170
Greensboro, NC 27402-6170
- If you completed the paper application, send it and the $55 application fee to this addres as well.
- Do not send your application or transcripts to the BLS office.
Send Official Transcripts
- Have all transcripts sent to Undergraduate Admissions.
- If your name has changed, inform the institutions from which you are requesting transcripts so they can update your name.
- Have an official transcript sent from your high school.
- Have an official transcript sent from each college, university, or technical school you have attended since high school.
- Former UNCG Students: Have an official transcript sent from each college, university, or technical school you have attended since leaving UNCG.
- Third-party transfer credit is not accepted. Each transcript must come from the institution at which the credit was awarded.
- Your application package is not complete until all transcripts arrive.
- It is not necessary for you to collect all your transcripts and deliver them in one package. You may have them sent directly to UNCG. Transcripts that arrive before your application will be kept on file for one year.
Watch Your Mailbox
- The Undergraduate Admissions office will notify you of its decision by mail. Your acceptance letter will include your Student ID number, which you will use for most transactions with the institution.
- Problems? Follow up with the Undergraduate Admissions office at 336.334.5243 or email@example.com.
- The BLS Program office cannot release admissions decisions.
Apply as a Visiting Student
To Take BLS Courses as a Non-Degree-Seeking Student
- Fill out Division of Continual Learning Student Information Form for each term.
- Pay $20 processing fee for each semester (no fee for summer session).
- Register with ID number and PIN provided by DCL.
- Enrollment Deadline: First day of class.
- Problems? Contact the DCL Registration Center at 336.315.7742 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions and Limitations for Visiting Students
- Registration for visiting students is on a space-available basis.
- Tuition and fees are the same as those for degree-seeking students.
- Visiting students are not eligible for academic advising.
- Visiting students are not eligible for financial aid.
- Do not take more than 9 credit hours as a visitor if you intend to apply as a degree-seeking student.
- Former UNCG students cannot enroll as visiting students.
- Applicants for admission as degree-seeking students cannot apply as visiting students for the same term.
- Admission and/or attendance as a visiting student does not guarantee admission as a degree-seeking student.
- If you are admitted as a degree-seeking student subsequent to attendance as a visiting student, credit-hours and grades earned as a visitor will be applied to your academic record.
To Apply for Admission as a Non-U.S. Resident
- Apply through the International Programs Center.
- The BLS Major Code is 820 (question 4).
- US citizens, US permanent residents, pending permanent residents, political asylees, and refugees are considered domestic applicants.