Alumni Award Criteria and Nominations
Alumni Distinguished Service Award Criteria
(view past recipients)
- The Alumni Distinguished Service Award is presented to alumni of the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. Nominees must have received a degree (undergraduate or graduate) from
- The Award honors alumni who have made significant contributions in the spirit of the University’s motto of service.
- The award recognizes distinctive service rendered on the national, state, and/or local levels. It honors outstanding achievement and service to the recipient’s profession and/or
community/society/university. It recognizes alumni who exemplify creative and continuous personal growth and a willingness to embrace our changing world.
- Current members of the Alumni Association Board of Directors, the Alumni Awards Committee and current employees of UNCG may not be considered for the award.
Alumni Distinguished Service Award Nomination Process
- Complete the two-page nomination form. Download a nomination form by clicking here, or contact the UNCG Alumni Office at 336-334-5696 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- In no more than 2 pages, please detail in a Nominator’s Statement the nominee’s qualifications for this award, based on the expanded criteria listed below.
- On the nomination form, you may list the names of 3-5 individuals who will be submitting letters of support for the nomination. Each letter should be no more than 2 pages in length and should address different areas of the expanded criteria listed on the nomination form. Supporting letters may be included in this packet or arrive under separate cover. You may submit no more than 5 supporting letters.
- You may also submit newspaper articles, clippings, photographs and additional materials as part of the nomination packet. Please do not send originals as these materials will not be returned.
- Nominations may be made by anyone except the nominee and must be submitted on forms provided by the UNCG Alumni Office.
- The deadline for nominations is January 5.
- The selection of the recipient is made by the Alumni Awards Committee and approved by the Alumni Association Board of Directors. A maximum of two awards is presented annually.
- The Award recipient and nominators will be notified by February and will be recognized at the Chancellor's Donor Recognition event in April.
- The record of a nominee shall be maintained in a carry-over file and considered for five years, after which a person must be re-nominated to be considered.
- All forms and materials should be sent by January 5 to the Alumni Awards Committee, UNCG Alumni Office, PO Box 26170, Greensboro, NC 27402-6170.