UNCG National Art Education Association Chapter
As a student organization we seek to build and sustain art education networks in the art and education community locally, nationally, and internationally. We hope to share knowledge and experiences in the K-12 teaching license procedure and requirements and to create a safe and educational environment for UNCG student members who seek teaching careers in art.
Our club meets on the second Friday of every month at 4:00 pm in the Studio arts building, room 225. Occasionally we meet more often if we are working on a project or fundraiser.
Membership and Dues
All members must pay their dues each semester to be affiliated with the UNCG NAEA Student Chapter. The cost of dues is $5 per semester (or $10 for the entire school year) and can be paid to the club treasurer at the beginning of the semester. If you are unable to pay dues but are still interested in becoming a member, you may e-mail one of our officers at firstname.lastname@example.org or talk to our faculty advisor, Dr. Maria Lim at email@example.com.
Fall 2011 Activities:
Spring 2010/2011 Activities:
- Research presentations by members and Dr. Lim at the NAEA 2010 Convention in Baltimore, April 14 -18
- Welcoming New Members & Monthly Meeting
- Art Judges for NC Junior Beta Club Art Competition
- Bake Sale & Craft Sale
- Writing research proposals for NCAEA and NAEA 2011 convention
- Art Volunteers for regional art related events.
- An Election for New Student Officers for 2010-2011
- The mural at Western Guilford High Spring 2011
- Professional Development:
- Artist-Teacher Workshop: a studio workshop by professional artists.
- Meet an Art Educator: a lecture series by professional art teachers.