2012 Distinguished Alumni Award Recipient
The Bryan School of Business and Economics is proud to announce the recipient of the 2012 Distinguished Alumni Award, Boyd A. Rogers,'85 MBA.
Boyd led a remarkable 40-year career with VF Corporation and credits his education at UNCG as key to his progression through the company ranks to the position of Vice President and corporate officer and President, Global Supply Chain. The impact he has made in his field is remarkable. VF is considered the leader internationally in supply chain management due to the revolutionary work accomplished under Boyd's leadership. Through strategies he implemented, the company reduced costs by over $1 billion while serving tens of thousands of customers, including Wal-Mart, with hundreds and thousands of stores. One of Boyd's co-workers summed up his accomplishments in enabling VF "to produce more apparel, in more styles, under more brands, for more locations at lower cost with higher service than any other apparel company in the world".
Even though Boyd's travel and work schedule was extensive, he still found time to contribute to the community, his profession and UNCG. He served on the Executive Board of Directors of the Textile Clothing Technology Corporation, a non-profit industry group focusing on technology development and supply chain improvement. Boyd also served on the Business Advisory Board for the Bryan School and endowed a scholarship to support high-potential students with financial need.
Boyd retired at the end of 2011. He has made a major contribution to the field of supply chain management and is an alumnus we are proud to recognize with the prestigious Bryan School Distinguished Alumni Award.
Past Distinguished Alumni Award Recipients
- Ellen Thrower '75 B.S., '78 M.B.A., Executive Director, School of Risk Management, St. John's University (retired)
- Edward M. Rozynski '75 B.S.,'76 M.A., Vice President of Global Government Affairs, Stryker Corporation
- Thornton Edwards '74 M.S., Principal, Owner, and President, The Edwards Companies
- Becky Levin '79 B.S., Founder, Chairman and CEO, Levin & Company, Inc.
- Martin Green '84 B.S., President, brij Image and Information, Inc.
- Gary Smith '85 M.B.A., Exec VP and CFO, International Textile Group, Inc.
- Dianne Neal '81 B.S., '88 M.B.A., Exec. VP and CFO, R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Holdings, Inc.
- Dean Priddy '83 B.S., '86 M.B.A., CFO and VP of Admin., RF Micro Devices
- Joe Pickett '72 M.S., Chairman and CEO, HomeSide International, Inc. (retired)
- Sue Cole '72 B.S., '77 M.B.A., Regional CEO, U.S. Trust Company
- Nido Qubein '73 M.S., Founder, Chairman & CEO, Creative Services, Inc. and Chairman, Harvest Bread Company