Individualized Career Coaching
Career Coaching is an ongoing one-on-one relationship between you and one of our coaches.
Most graduate business students have never been taught strategic career management skills. Students have described the experience of coaching as "Having a personal teacher with me every step of the way."
Our Career Coaching services combine in-person sessions, follow up phone contacts and email interactions. We pride ourselves on student satisfaction and student success, and we will make every effort to assist you with identifying and reaching your career goals.
Career Coaching can help you:
- Make the most out of your interests, skills and abilities
- Maximize opportunities in your current organization as desired
- Find the right roles and organizational cultures that fit you best
- Identify the best industries and organizations for you by
maximizing use of our state of the art online career management and research tools
(CareerBeam, CareerLeader, and Vault)
- Identify contacts within organizations who can best help you achieve your goals
- Improve the effectiveness and success of your targeted resumes and cover letters
- Make the most out of job interviewing opportunities through mock interviews and feedback sessions
- Have professional support and guidance for all phases of your career development and career transition process
Daytime MBA Students
Career Coaching for Day Students is an ongoing one-on-one relationship between you and one of our professional coaches that helps you identify your potential, learn about a variety of career fields, develop career search success skills, and be most effective in achieving your goals.
Topics typically covered in these sessions include:
- Understanding your background and getting a sense of where you might want to go with your career
- The use and interpretation of career assessment tools to help you identify the types of jobs and industries that will likely be satisfying and a good fit for you
- Guiding you to online and printed resources to learn more about career fields
- Helping you learn about how to explore some of the careers that interest you through informally talking with people in the field in a low-risk environment
- How to write effective resumes and cover letters that focus on how you will add value to the employer and emphasize your key selling points for a specific position
- Learning and practicing MBA-level interviewing skills through video-taped feedback
- Help with designing and achieving a targeted, successful internship or job search
Our Career Coaching services for MSITM students are the same as those for evening and daytime MBA students.
If you are a student currently working full time and exploring a possible career or job change, or you want to advance in your current career, please review the services listed above under "Evening MBA Students."
If you are a student currently exploring the possibility of participating in an internship during your program, please review the services listed above under "Daytime MBA Students."
To schedule an appointment with a Career Counselor, login to your SpartanCareers account, select "Request an Appointment" with Darlene Broadhurst, and then follow the instructions to find available appointment times. If you have any trouble using SpartanCareers, please call (336) 256-0390 or stop by 301 Bryan.