Honors, Awards and Grants
Dr. Shirley Hall award from AAUW Greensboro Branch in April 2011 for exemplary contribution to enrich STEM education (technology part) for women.
2008 - International Conference on Design Science Research, Vinton G. Cerf Best Paper Award.
2007- International Conference on Design Science Research, Runner-up for Best Paper Award.
2006- International Conference on Electronic Governance, Best Paper Award for e-Government Macros Issues.
Teaching Excellence Award (Junior Faculty) - Bryan School of Business and Economics, UNCG, 2004.
- Iyer, L and M.F. Shickedantz, Tech Savvy Grant, American Association of University Women (National Level), 2013-14, Awarded: $8,000.
- Iyer, L. S., Common Wealth Brands, Framework for Technical Architecture and Development for CWB, Fall 2013, Awarded: $8,071.
- Lincoln Financial Funds for “IT is for Girls Expansion,” Summer 2013, Amount: $20,000.
- Pearson Education Funds for “IT is for Girls Camp,” for Summer 2013, Amount: $10,000.
- Iyer, L. S., Common Wealth Brands, Developing a comprehensive IT Risk Management Policy for CWB, Fall 2012, Amount Awarded: $9,455.
- Hodges, N., Iyer, L. S. , Watchravesringkan, K., & Ramsey, A., Technology Adoption and Use: A Qualitative Investigation of Product Lifecycle Management in the Apparel Industry , Dean's Scholar Funds. Fall 2012. Amount Awarded: $3,000.
- Iyer, L. S. & Amoako-Gyampah, K., Banner Intranet Project, Banner Pharma, Inc. Spring and Fall 2012. Amount Awarded: $9,015.
- Iyer, L. S. & Singh, R., Syngenta Applied IT Projects, Syngenta, Spring, Summer and Fall 2012. Amount Awarded: $25,006.
- Lincoln Financial Funding for “IT is for Girls Expansion,” Summer 2012, Amount Funded: $20,000.
- Pearson Education for “IT is for Girls Camp,” for Summer 2012, Amount Funded: $10,000.
- Iyer, L. UNCG Student Learning Enhancement award for ISOM Graduate Program Assurance of Learning Process. Spring 2011. Amount Awarded. $3,000.
- Iyer, L (Principal Researcher). American Association of University Women (National Level). Awarded. “IT is For Girls Workshop” Co-Research Personnel: Zhao, X (UNCG) and M.F.Shickedantz (AAUW, GSO Chapter Member). Summer 2011 and Summer 2012. Amount Awarded: $10,000.
- Iyer, L. S., Chow, A., Tate, S., & Zhao, X., Collaborative Research: GSE/RES: Persistence Research in Computing Education (PRiCE) - Examining Gender Differences in Computing Identity, GOV-National Science Foundation (NSF). NOT Funded, Amount Requested: 490,000.
- Tate, S. & Iyer, L. S. , STARS Scaling project funding through UNC Charlotte, ISOM Department and Comp Science, NSF STARS Scaling project funding through UNC Charlotte, recipient of the NSF STARS Scaling award (www.starsalliance.org). The Students & Technology in Academia, Research, and Service (STARS) Alliance's objective is to broaden the participation of women, and under-represented minorities in computing. 2011-2013. Amount Funded: $16,000.
- Iyer, L.S. Student Learning Enhancement Award, August 2011, UNCG.
- Iyer, L.S. American Association of University Women (NC State and GSO Chapter Level). For 2nd IT is for Girls - Pilot workshop. Awarded January 2010. Amount Awarded: $800
- Iyer, L & Ford. E. “Improving Health Care Quality through a Patient Portal: Enabling Change and Measuring Impact.” 2010, McDowell Research Grant, UNCG. Amount Awarded: $3,000.
- Iyer, L. UNCG Bryan Scholars Grant. Fall 2008. Streamlining the Management of Government Processes: A Digital Collaborative Approach for Development Approval. Amount Awarded: $3,000.
- Iyer, L and J.L. Eatman. UNCG ATL Grant. Summer-Fall 2008. Developing strategies for active student learning: Effective use of laptops in classrooms. Amount Awarded: $6,000.
- Iyer, L. Course Redesign Grant, Bryan School. Summer 2007. Redesign Business Computing I - Enhance Active Learning by a Technology Driven Classroom: Use of Laptops in Freshmen Only Class. Amount Awarded: $1,500.
- Singh, R. and Iyer, L.S. “Syngenta Internship Program with ISOM Department” Continuing Five-Year grant from Syngenta, Inc. Amount approx $9000 per semester through December 2008, Awarded: August 2003-Summer 2008. Cumulative amount: $ 98,000.
- External Proposal Development Incentive Program (EPDIP) Grant for "Intelligent Knowledge Exchange Architecture for the Digital Economy (IKEADE), UNCG, 2003-2004. (with Dr. Rahul Singh and Dr. Al Salam).
- Teaching and Learning Center grant – for developing MBA eCommerce Strategy course, UNCG, 2001.
- Faculty Enhancement Grant from the Bryan School of Business and Economics, UNCG. ( 2000-2001 and 1999-2000.)
- Summer Research Excellence Grant from UNCG, 2000.
- New Faculty Grant (1999-2000), UNCG.