University Project Prioritization Process
The following high-level steps have been agreed upon and adopted by the ASC and will be used to guide University project prioritization.
- Divisions will continue to use existing project prioritization processes.
- The resulting divisional list will be submitted to the Administrative Systems Committee for coordination. The ASC works with ITS to determine which projects can be undertaken for the fiscal year.
- Project requests will be formally submitted to ITS for all divisional priorities by the Divisional contact or delegate.
- Project requests for institutional and cross-divisional projects will be submitted by an ASC representative.
- ITS will develop a standing weekly technical committee dedicated to sizing and scoping all project requests.
- Requesting clients and their divisional representatives will receive ITS resource estimates for each work request submitted.
- Client will be contacted by an ITS project manager within one week of their request being submitted to ITS, to begin sizing and scoping the work effort.
- A Project Review Board (PRB) consisting of AVC-Enterprise Administrative Applications (EAA) and Senior ITS management will convene weekly for a project request status review and to manage resource and scheduling issues.
- A portion of the ASC meeting each month will be used to review status of project hours used/committed against project hours budgeted. Any significant variances will be discussed and necessary adjustments to the resource allocation plan will be made by the committee at that time.