This section of the web site will help you understand UNCG's WI and SI requirements and how these classes help you develop communication skills, build confidence about your writing and speaking, and improve your ability to succeed in school. We've presented this information as a series of the most frequently asked questions about WI and SI classes.
- What are WI and SI classes?
- About Communication Across the Curriculum
- Writing and Speaking to Learn
- Writing and Speaking Like a Historian
- Differences in Writing and Speaking Styles
- How many WI and SI classes do I have to take?
- Why do I have to take WI and SI classes?
- How are WI and SI sections of a course different than regular sections?
- What kinds of work will I do in my WI and SI classes?
- When should I take WI and SI classes?
- Why do I need WI classes after taking ENG 101?
- How will WI and SI classes help me?
- What are the Communication Consulting Centers and how can they help me?