Advising and Registration

Students majoring in the College of Arts and Sciences (except those majoring in Biochemistry, Mathematics, Philosophy and Physics) with fewer than 24 earned credit hours and all undecided majors are advised through CASA. All other students are assigned advisors within their respective departments. Instructions for looking up your advisor can be found on the link below.

advisor & student

How do I find my advisor? 

How do I schedule an advising appointment?

Before meeting with your advisor, you should review your Degree Works Report and course offerings for the upcoming semester, then work up a tentative schedule for review.

Frequently Asked Question about Degree Works

Will I receive course credit or advanced placement for Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) examinations, and/or SAT scores?

How do I search for courses?
On the linked Course Offerings Search page, select the appropreate term of course listings, then select the subject (e.g. Art, Biology, Spanish) and/or course category (e.g. GFA, GLT, WI, SI), and press Course Search button to see results.

How do I register for classes?

What happens if the class I need is closed?

You can print a quick guide to UNC Genie for future reference. Click on the image below for a link to the full-size PDF.

UNGGenie Guide


Facebook Facebook
Connect with us!