COMPUTER SCIENCE INDUSTRY ADVISORY BOARD
The Department of Computer Science is fortunate to have a dedicated advisory board consisting of regional representatives from companies. The objectives of the Industry Advisory Board (IAB) are as follows:
- foster a regular exchange of information and ideas,
- increase awareness of our curriculum and students within local industry,
- provide opportunities for our students to interact with industry professionals,
- get industry input and advice on curriculum and skills needed by our students in the current IT job market,
- identify opportunities for joint projects and research, and
- promote opportunities for our students for internships and full time employment placement.
Advice from the IAB helps us keep our program responsive to industry needs, and up to date with industry practices.
Our current current board members are:
- Keir Davis, (Xtern Software)
- Kevin Dillon (TEKsystems)
- Jay Gwatkin (RFMD)
- Rich Guarino, (A3 IT Solutions)
- Mark Kyre (Datawatch)
- Nick Leggio, (Pace Communications)
- Anita Luthra, (Triad Developers' Guild)
- Andy Rindos (IBM)
- Rob Robless (Small Footprint)
- Brett Wallis (United Guaranty)
- Patricia Whitaker (SciQuest)
If you work at a company that is a potential employer of our students and would like to serve on our Industry Advisory Board, please contact the department head (Prof. Tate).