Computer Science Industry Advisory Board
The Department of Computer Science is fortunate to have a dedicated advisory board consisting of regional representatives from companies. The objectives of the Industry Advisory Board (IAB) are as follows:
- foster a regular exchange of information and ideas,
- increase awareness of our curriculum and students within local industry,
- provide opportunities for our students to interact with industry professionals,
- get industry input and advice on curriculum and skills needed by our students in the current IT job market,
- identify opportunities for joint projects and research, and
- promote opportunities for our students for internships and full time employment placement.
Advice from the IAB helps us keep our program responsive to industry needs, and up to date with industry practices.
Our current current board members are:
- Steve Dean, IAB Chair (BlueCross and BlueShield of North Carolina)
- Keir Davis, (Xtern Software)
- Chip Dawson (RFMD)
- Rich Guarino, (A3 IT Solutions)
- Nick Leggio, (Pace Communications)
- Anita Luthra, (Triad Developers' Guild)
- Andy Rindos (IBM)
- Brett Wallis (United Guaranty)
- Ginger Weavil (Analog Devices)
- Patricia Whitaker (SciQuest)
If you work at a company that is a potential employer of our students and would like to serve on our Industry Advisory Board, please contact the department head (Prof. Tate).