CST412 - INTERNSHIP
Course Description: Field learning experience using communication theory, research, and strategies in agencies and organizations within the larger community. (Fall & Spring). (Pr. junior or senior status, and permission of instructor).
CST 412 Internship is open to CST majors only. Students can earn from 3-6 credit hours by working 90-180 hours per semester at their placement. The following information will guide you through the process of considering CST412 for academic credit.
STEP 1: CONSIDERING AN INTERNSHIP?
This section will address frequently asked questions regarding CST412 (click on each link)
- Frequently asked questions regarding internships
- Faculty Internship Directors
- Sample Internship Syllabus (the information and course requirements may vary with each faculty internship supervisor)
STEP 2: PREPARING FOR YOUR MEETING WITH FACULTY MEMBER
If you meet faculty criteria and are interested in discussing an internship opportunity with a faculty member, bring the following information to your arranged meeting.
STEP 3: INTERNSHIP FORMS
If a faculty member agrees to supervise your internship, you will be required to complete the following forms before being signed into CST412
STEP 4: COMPLETING YOUR INTERNSHIP
In addition to specific semester assignments outlined by your faculty supervisor, the following are required to satisfy your CST412 coursework
- Provide a signed audit and verification of hours worked - to be signed by intern supervisor at your organization and submitted with end of semester assignment.
- Intern Evaluation -This is to be completed and signed by intern supervisor at your organization and submitted with end of semester assignment.