Lambda Pi Eta
Lambda Pi Eta is the honor society of the National Communication Association. Founded in 1985, Lambda Pi Eta recognizes, fosters, and rewards outstanding undergraduate scholarship in communication studies. In 1997, the UNCG Department of Communication Studies chartered the Zeta Upsilon chapter. Today, more than 400 colleges and universities around the world sustain chapters.
The Greek letters lambda, pi, and eta represent Aristotle's three modes of persuasion:
To be eligible for induction a student must:
- Have completed 60 semester hours of college/university course work
- Have completed a minimum of 12 hours of course work in communication studies
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Have a communication studies GPA of 3.25
- And demonstrate a commitment to the discipline of communication.
Induction occurs each spring semester. Members are selected by invitation from the faculty.
For more information contact Professor Spoma Jovanovic, firstname.lastname@example.org.