Office: MHRA 3306
Office Phone: 336-334-5459
At UNCG Since: 1996
M.F.A. University of Iowa-1978
B.A. Antioch College-1976
Professor Dischell’s interests include the writing of poetry and the study of contemporary poetry.
- From the Fishouse
- Days of Me
- Amazon author's page
- She Put on Her Lipstick in the Dark, "The Atlantic"
- Harmless Poem, "Slate"
- How A Poem Happens
- Who Should Tell the Poem: a conversation with Stuart Dischell
Awards and Honors
- Fellowship from the National Endowment for the Arts, 2008 and 1996.
- John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation Fellowship, 2004.
- North Carolina Arts Fellowship, 2001.
- Pushcart Prize, 1994.
- Award from the National Poetry Series, 1991.