Office: MHRA 3127
Office Phone: 336-334-5650
At UNCG Since: 1996
Ph.D. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill-1996
M.A. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill-1991
B.A. University of Georgia-1989
Dr. Romine is working on a project on the literature of Reconstruction.
- The Real South: Southern Narrative in the Age of Cultural Reproduction. Baton Rouge: Louisiana State U P, 2008.
- Introduction. The Southerner: A Novel, by Walter Hines Page. Columbia: U of South Carolina P, 2008. ix-xli.
- “Orphans All: Reality Homesickness in Yonder Stands Your Orphan. Revisioning Barry Hannah.” Ed. Martyn Bone. Jackson: U P of Mississippi, 2007. 161-82.
- “Thomas Dixon and the Literary Production of Whiteness.” Thomas Dixon and the Birth of Modern America. Ed. Michele K. Gillespie and Randal L. Hall. Baton Rouge: Louisiana State U P, 2006. 124-50.
- “Things Falling Apart: The Postcolonial Condition of Red Rock and The Leopard's Spots." Look Away!: The U.S. South in New World Studies. Ed. Jon Smith and Deborah N. Cohn. Durham: Duke U P, 2004. 175-200.
- The Narrative Forms of Southern Community. Baton Rouge: Louisiana State U P, 1999.
Awards and Honors
- Finalist, Alumni Junior Faculty Teaching Excellence Award, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, 1999-2000.
- Summer Excellence Research Award, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Summer 1997.
- Dougald MacMillan Award for the Best Dissertation in the Department of English. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1996.
- Finalist, Tanner Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1995-1996.
- Dissertation Research Fellowship. University of North Carolina, Spring 1996.
- Senior Fellowship. University of North Carolina, 1995-1996.