Office: MHRA 3313
Office Phone: 336-256-0483
At UNCG Since: 2005
M.F.A. University of North Carolina at Greensboro-2005
B.A. Randolph-Macon Woman’s College-2002
Ms. Whitaker is currently working on a poetry manuscript, and her research interests include online writing center theory and Welsh Arthurian texts.
- “Father as Map of the World.” New Orleans Review 34.2 (2008).
- “The Way We Describe Lost Things.” Pebble Lake Review Spring (2008).
- “The Look of It.” New England Review. 27.1 (2006): 39-40.
- “Understanding Harvest.” Mid-American Review 25.2 (2005).
Awards and Honors
- Dorothy Sargent Rosenberg Poetry Prize, 2005.
- Nomination for the Ruth Lilly Poetry Fellowship, 2004.
- Graduate Scholar, UNCG, 2003-2005.
- Election to Phi Beta Kappa, 2002.