Office: MHRA 3326
Office Phone: 336-334-3280
At UNCG Since: 1989
Ph.D. University of Louisville
M.A. University of Louisville
B.A. Murray State University
Dr. Roskelly’s interests include rhetoric and composition theory, American literature before 1900, women's history and rhetoric, philosophy and composing, pedagogy.
- "The Hope for Peace and Bread." Women Between the Wars. Carbondale: NCTE P, forthcoming 2009.
- "Teaching Like Weasels." Education and Hope in Troubled Times: Visions of Change for Our Children's World. Ed. Svi Shapiro. London: Routledge, 2009. 198- 209.
- "What Teachers Need to Know about Teaching Rhetoric." College Board (2007).
- Reason to Believe: Romanticism, Pragmatism and the Possibility of Teaching. New York: SUNY P, 2003.
- Breaking Into the Circle: Groups for Gender and Racial Equity in the English Classroom. Portsmouth: Heinemann, 2002.
Awards and Honors
- Appointed to the North Carolina Humanities Council, 2008.
- Linda Carlisle Professorship in Women's and Gender Studies, 2006-present.
- Alumni Distinguished Teaching Award, 2003.