Catherine Scott-Little, Ph.D.
Peer Reviewed Publications
- Hardin, B. J., Scott-Little, C. & Mereoiu, M. (2013). The Formulario Familiar Bilingue de Información Formulario/Family Bilingual Information & Observation Questionnaire: A Parent Report Tool for Spanish Speaking Pre-kindergarteners. Journalof Research in Childhood Education, 27, 485-509.
- LaParo, K., Thomason, A., Maynard, C., & Scott-Little, C. (2012). Developing teachers’ classroom interactions: A description of a video review process for early childhood education students. Journal of Early Childhood Teacher Education, 33, 224-238.
- Scott-Little, C., LaParo, K., Thomason, A., Pianta, R.C., Hamre, B., Downer, J., Burchinal, M., Howes, C. (2011). Implementation of a course focused on language and literacy within teacher-child interactions: Instructor and student perspectives across three institutions of higher education. Journal of Early Childhood Teacher Education.
- Scott-Little, C., Kagan, S. L., Frelow, V. & Reid, J. (2009). Infant-toddler early learning guidelines: The content states have addressed and implications for programs serving children with disabilities. Infants & Young Children, 22, 87-99.
- Hestenes, L. L., LaParo, K., Scott-Little, C., Chakravarthi, S., Lower, J. K., Cranor, A., Cassidy, D. J., & Niemeyer, J. (2009). Team teaching in an early childhood interdisciplinary program: A decade of lessons learned. Journal of Early Childhood Teacher Education, 30, 172-183.
- LaParo, K. M., Siepak, K., & Scott-Little, C. (2009). Assessing beliefs of preservice early childhood education teachers using Q-Sort methodology. Journal of Early Childhood Teacher Education, 30, 22-36.
- Mims, S., Scott-Little, C., Lower, J., Cassidy, D. J., & Hestenes, L. (2008). Education level and stability as it relates to early childhood classroom quality: A survey of early childhood program directors and teachers. Journal of Research in Childhood Education, 23, 227 - 237.
- Scott-Little, C. Brown, G., Hooks, L., & Marshall, B. J. (2008). Classroom quality rating systems: What do teachers do to get ready and what do they think about the process?Young Children 63 (6), 40 - 45.
Comissioned Papers and Edited Chapters
- Scott-Little & Reid, J. (2010). Aligning the content of early childhood care and education to promote effective transitions. In S. L. Kagan & K. Tarrant (Eds.). Transitions in the early years: Creating a system on continuity. Baltimore, MD: Brookes Publishing.
- Scott-Little, C., Cassidy, D. J., Lower, J., & Ellen, S. (2010). Early learning standards and program quality-improvements initiatives: A systemic approach to supporting children’slearning and development. In P. W. Wesley & V. Buysse (Eds). The quest for quality: promising innovations for early childhood programs. Baltimore, MD: Brookes Publishing.
- Scott-Little, C. (2010). Development and implementation of early learning standards in the United States. In E. Baker, P. Peterson, & B. McGraw (Eds.). The International Encyclopaedia of Education, 3rd Edition. Amsterdam: Elsevier.
- Scott-Little, C. (2008). Mathematics content addressed in state-level early learning standards. Commissioned paper submitted to the Early Childhood Mathematics Committee of the National Research Council/National Academy of Science.
- Scott-Little, C. (2008). Children’s readiness for success in school. In S. Feeny & A. Galper (Eds.). Continuing issues in early childhood education (3rd edition). Merrill/Prentice Hall.
Papers in Progress
- Hardin, B.J., Scott-Little, C., & Mimms, M. (in process). Pre-Kindergarten and Part B preschool programs: Same children, different screening and referral requirements?
- Kintner, V., Scott-Little, C., & Cassidy, D.J. (in process). Beliefs and practices in early care andeducation: The relationships among teachers’ and administrators’ beliefs, characteristics, and classroom practices.