All programs offer fall admission only. Prospective graduate students apply online at grs.uncg.edu and submit their application materials to the Graduate School (not the HDFS Department). The Graduate School requires a 3.0 undergraduate GPA for full admission into UNCG graduate programs. A completed application includes:
- The online application and $60 application fee. Note: You will apply online and request your references from your chosen recommenders through the online system, but at this time GRE scores and transcripts are still sent via paper copies.
- Three references (preferably at least two from academic faculty professors)
- Official GRE scores (except for M.Ed. Program Administration emphasis or Certificate programs)
- One copy of official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended. Note: If one transcript shows transfer credit from another institution, you do not need to provide a transcript from the original institution.
- The HDFS Department also requires a 1-3 page professional statement, which may be submitted directly to the HDFS Department (email@example.com) or to the Graduate School via the online application. The professional statement is a chance for the applicant to explain their reasons for pursuing graduate study in this field, previous experience and training in this or related fields, and their professional goals. Students applying for admission to the MS program, the MS/PhD program, or the PhD program should also indicate their primary areas of research interest and the faculty members they are most interested in studying with. M.Ed. students should indicate which emphasis they are applying for in their personal statement.
The HDFS Department encourages students to submit the online application form even if they do not yet have the other application materials. This can speed up the application process.
Deadlines to Apply for Fall Admission
LECE Certificate or B-K Licensure Certificate: February 1st (earlier applications are encouraged)
M.S. thesis or MS/Phd Program: December 15th
Masters in Education (B-K ISED) February 1st (earlier applications are encouraged)
PhD Program: December 15th
UNCG is currently authorized to offer online courses to students in all states except Iowa, Wisconsin, Montana, Wyoming and Minnesota.