We hope you enjoy reading about our Academic departments and programs. We invite you to contact us at HHS !
Please note: some items require the Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe web site.
The School of HHS, through teaching, scholarship, community engagement and service, prepares new generations of professionals, leaders, scholars, and entrepreneurs to enhance the quality of life of individuals, families, and communities.
- Monday, March 31, 2014 : Lawther Lecture : " Creating and Inclusive Climate: Steps Toward Institutional Change" with Dr. Abigail Steward
- Thursday, February 27 : Spit'in Anger Event at NC A&T in Proctor Hall. Doors Open at 6:30pm. FREE Refreshments & Hors D'oeuvres at 6:30. Showing starts around 7pm. FREE Admission! Open to public. Sponsored by the JMSW program of the Department of Social Work.See flyer for more info or watch trailer.
- Tuesday, February 25, 11am-2pm : Free confidential HIV/STI testing at the Cone Ballroom in the EUC. Snacks and games! First Come, First Served. Sponsored by UNCG Wellness Center and Wesley-Luther Campus Ministry.
Latest News and Announcements
- April, 2014: Department of Nutrition students help provide nutritious meals for seniors who can no longer drive.
- April 2014: Members of the PE class of 1974 pose with their volleyball coach, Pat Hielscher ('66, '70, center, front) during the recent Alumni weekend. Dianne Conder Farnsworth and Donna Friesen Wigton shared their experiences as female athletes during the AIAW years with the current volleyball team.
- April 2014 : Faculty and Staff Excellence Awards ceremony was held on April 4, 2014. Among the awardees were many students, faculty, and staff from HHS. Congratulations to all !! See list of awardees and watch videos...
- March 2014: Social Work JMSW team: 2nd place award in 2014 Social Entrepreneurship Competition!
- Feb. 28, 2014 : "Perko and a turtle named Sheldon, reach out to kids"
- February 25, 2014 : Preventing Poverty at an orphanage in Mexico, Frankie Martinez found his calling. Read article ...
- February 20, 2014 : Read more about the outcome of the Healthcare Faith Summit in the News and Record: "The White House Calls on GSO".
- January 15, 2014 : "Wineburg, Cleveland present report before it goes to DC". Read more in Campus Weekly ...
- January 2014 : Dr. Christopher Rhea, UNCG Professor from The Department of Kinesiology helps people walk. Watch video ...
- January 2014 : Vincent Francisco, Associate Professor of Public Health, Bob Wineburg, Professor of Social Work and Odell Cleveland, Senior Administrative Officer for Mt. Zion Baptist Church contributed to recent Healthcare Faith Summit. Read Report from the Faith Summit here. See also "Deans's Message" in HHS Online and Read News and Record Article ...