The P.E. Class Of ´75/Hielscher Teaching Scholarship
- Rising, full time senior student majoring in Kinesiology (formerly Exercise and Sport Science), teacher education concentration who plans to teach.
- Preference to students with minimum of 3.0 GPA.
The P. E. Class of '75 Hielscher Teaching Scholarship was established by the Class of '75 to say "thank you" to the University, the School and the faculty, both living and departed. The Class decided to give an eternal gift to help a student who is committed to teaching complete his or her education through a scholarship. Most of all, the gift was to honor the special relationship that is The Class and their beloved advisor, Pat Hielscher, who gave so much to make that relationship possible.
Class of 1975 and Pat Hielscher
In the fall of '71, more than 40 young people became the Class of '75 Physical Education Majors at UNCG. Pat Hielscher, a second-year instructor and coach of the volleyball team, was assigned as their class advisor. The combination of that class and their advisor was something special and a lifetime bond was created between them. Very early in the life of The Class, as it became to be known, a motto was adopted that they cherish to this day:
- Champion the right to be yourself.
- Dare to be different and to set your own pattern.
- Live your own life and follow you own star.
How to Apply
The following materials must be included with your application:
- UNC Genie Transcript
- written statement of your professional goals
- resume (suggested headings include: professional experience; participation in departmental, school, or university activities and organizations; community; honors and awards)