The Loretta M. Williams Undergraduate CWHW Research Fund
Please note: some items require the Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe web site.Eligibility
- Undergraduate students from any department in the School of Health and Human Sciences who wish to learn more about research in women's health and wellness. Recommended minimum GPA is 3.0.
- Awardees will gain research experience working with a team of faculty and students on a range of projects related to women's health and wellness.
The Loretta M. Williams Undergraduate CWHW Research Fund was established in 2004 with a gift from her husband, Theodore S. Williams. The donor's intention in making this gift is to support undergraduate student research related to women's health and wellness.Loretta M. Williams
Mrs. Loretta M. Williams was born in Sioux City, Iowa April 16, 1919 the third of nine children. She was a child of the Depression and Dust bowl Era and had to work to help to support her family. As a result, she left school early and never received the education she so valued. Ensuring the education of her children was critically important to her throughout her life.
Loretta suffered from Alzheimer's disease for over five years. On January 30, 2002 she was diagnosed with inoperable small cell lung-cancer. At that time, she was projected to live 6-8 months. She exceeded all her doctors' expectations and passed away quietly late in the evening of September 23, 2003.
- The following materials must be included with your application:
- UNC Genie Transcript
- resume (suggested headings include: professional experience; participation in departmental, school, or university activities and organizations; community; honors and awards)
- 1 page statement outlining your interest in learning about research in women's health and wellness. Please indicate how a research experience in the Center for Women's Health and Wellness would benefit your educational experience and future career or educational goals.