- Wednesday-Friday, Aug. 17-19: Advising and orientation for new history graduate students.
- Monday, Aug. 22: Fall semester classes begin.
- Friday, Aug. 26: Last day to adjust schedule without special permission and to drop a class with refund of tuition and fees.
- Monday, Aug. 29: Deadline for graduate students to apply to graduate in December 2016.
- Monday, Sept. 5: Labor Day holiday. Classes dismissed, offices closed
- Friday, Sept. 9: Deadline for undergraduate students to apply to graduate in December 2016.
- Friday, Oct. 14: Last day to withdraw from a class without incurring a WF.
- Monday-Tuesday, Oct. 17-18: Fall Break. Classes dismissed, offices open.
- Friday, Oct. 21: 3rd Annual Alumni Networking Event (see below)
- Friday, Oct. 28: History graduate student language proficiency exams.
- Oct. 31 through Nov. 22: Spring and Summer 2017 registration for continuing students
- Friday, Nov. 11: M.A. comprehensive exams.
- Wednesday, Nov. 23-27: Thanksgiving Break. Classes dismissed, offices closed except on Wednesday.
- Monday, Dec. 5: Last day of classes.
- Tuesday, Dec. 6: Reading Day.
- Dec. 7-10, 12-14: Final Exams
- Thursday, Dec. 15: University Commencement, Greensboro Coliseum
- Monday, Dec. 26-Friday, Dec. 30. Winter Break. UNCG closed.
- Monday, Jan. 16: Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. holiday. Offices closed.
- Tuesday, Jan. 17: Spring semester classes begin
- Friday, Mar. 3: Planning a Successful Career for Students in the Liberal Arts, 9 am-2 pm
History Alumni Networking Event
Friday, October 21, 5:00-7:00 p.m.
The History Department will hold its 3rd annual department Alumni Networking Event on Friday evening, October 21 at 5:00–7:00pm. It will be focused on building long-lasting ties and
relationships between faculty and former students. This unique event offers the opportunity for our students to connect with alumni and alumni the opportunity to mentor these students on
various professional paths.
For parking options: https://parking.uncg.edu/parking-operations/visitors/