Honors in History
Twelve semester hours to consist of:
- Three (3) s.h. of HIS 394, 395, or 396 Honors Seminar in History (394 American History, 395 European History, 396 Wider World History);
- Three (3) s.h. of a contract honors course in History at the 300-level or above;
- Three (3) s.h. of HIS 491, 492, 493 Honors Work, to be taken before HSS 490 (491 American History, 492 European History, 493 Wider World History);
- Three (3) s.h. of HSS 490 Senior Honors Project (in lieu of HIS 511 A, B, or C).
- A grade of at least B in all course work used to satisfy the Honors in History requirement;
- A declared History major;
- A minimum overall 3.30 GPA at graduation;
- Admission to the Lloyd International Honors College.
The designation "Completed Disciplinary Honors in History" and the title of the Senior Honors Project will be printed on the student's official transcript.
See Dr. Lisa Tolbert for further information and guidance about Honors in History. See also the Honors Program section of the Undergraduate Bulletin for more information.