OBJECTIVES AND STRATEGIES
- Frame interior architecture within the contexts of liberal arts education, a rich cultural heritage, and within environmental concerns;
- Actively experiment and fully explore design-related issues in progressive studio environments through analyses, conceptual frameworks, critical discourses, and design processes;
- Undertake joyful exploration in all aspects of design;
- Form support courses, lectures, seminars, and special events concisely relevant to design;
- Initiate design-related scholarship and research of discovery and application;
- Render service in and beyond the academic community.
- Emphasize history, precedent, and design fundamentals as tenets of design;
- Focus on technology and stewardship as a means for design and production;
- Develop excellent communication skills (i.e., drawing, model building, writing and public speaking);
- Build studio-centered communities within the program;
- Make local/international connections to industry, educators, practitioners in research, work, and travel.