IIDA STUDENT CHAPTER
The International Interior Design Association [IIDA] on UNCG's campus is a student chapter of a professional organization; a non profit group whose goal is to provide opportunities to all student members, professional members and other students in Interior Architecture. Travel opportunities, community service projects, fund raising events and social functions create a better sense of community within our department. IIDA stresses the importance of building relationships between the students and the professional community in preparation for stepping into the professional design field.
Find out about the current meetings and updated events by clicking the following link to our student IIDA chapter's blog.
Typical career choices: non-residential interior design, interior architecture, residential interior design, lighting design, showroom design, digital design, furniture design.
Some examples of careers our students have chosen:
- Interior design project manager, Chase Manhattan Corporation
- Interior designer, Furnitureland South
- Interior designer, Ethan Allen Cos.
- CAD cutting engineer, Sara Lee Corp.
- Interior design consultant, Walt Disney Corp.
- Manager of Visual Display, Thomasville Furniture Industries
- Curatorial specialist, NC Museum of History
- Web designer, Morton-Beck Advertising