All prospective international students are required by The U.S. Government to provide documented evidence of financial resources for their first full academic year (9 months or two semesters) of study prior to issuance of the SEVIS I-20 form (application for F1 student status) or DS-2019 form (application for J1 student status). To view UNCG's required minimum budget amount for degree seeking international students for the first full academic year, select Required Minimum Budget Amount (PDF). This amount is based on the University's annual estimate of tuition and fees, room and board, books and supplies, medical insurance and miscellaneous living expenses. Please see below the required financial documents:
- Financial Certificate Please download the financial certificate form, and complete, sign and mail this form along with your original bank statement and letter. Financial Certificate form (PDF – Pages 1-2).
- Bank Statement and Letter: Current original bank statement(s) and bank letter documenting your ability to support your study at UNCG (all documents must not be older than one year at the time of review at UNCG). For details about the amount required, please select Required Minimum Budget Amount (PDF).
- Affidavit of Support: If the bank funds are not in your name, download the form Affidavit of Support, and have your sponsor complete and sign this form. If you are being supported by an account in a company or organization’s name, the Affidavit of Support must be signed by the company or organization’s authorized financial signatory and be accompanied by the company or organization’s stamp/seal. An Affidavit of Support form, by itself, cannot be used to demonstrate financial resources Affidavit of Support form (PDF).
- Passport Copy: Please submit a copy of the passport biography page and any valid or expired U.S. visa stamps you may have in your passport. If you do not yet have a passport, please submit a translated into English birth certificate.
- Express Mail Payment Authorization Form: If you select to have your I-20 and other information from UNCG express mailed to you, please provide pertinent credit card information on the Express Mail Payment Authorization Form (PDF – page 3-4) and submit by fax only to 336-334-5406.
Assistant Director of International Student & Scholar Services
International Programs Center
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro
203 Foust Building Greensboro, N.C. 27402 USA