- Valid F-1 visa. If your visa expires while you are in the U.S., your status in the U.S. will not be affected. The visa is an entry document only. However, if your visa is invalid and you are outside the U.S. seeking to enter the U.S., you must apply for a new visa.
- Valid Passport with months at least six months validity beyond the date of your expected stay.
- Form I-20 from UNCG endorsed by the International Student Advisor for reentry to resume Optional Practical Training. Please note: If you have had an absence of more than 5 months outside the U.S. you will need to reenter using an I-20 designated "initial attendance." In this case, your immigration "time clock" begins again as if you were entering the U.S. for the first time. No off-campus employment will be allowed until you re-accumulate the required nine months of full-time student status.
- Employment Authorization Document (EAD Card).
- Proof of employment
- Written job offer
- A letter from your employer stating that you are returning to resume work
TO ASSURE YOU GET THE SIGNATURE OF THE INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ADVISOR, BRING YOUR I-20 OR DS-2019 TO THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS CENTER AT LEAST ONE WEEK BEFORE YOU TRAVEL! TO AVOID ANY DELAYS IN YOUR TRAVEL PLANS, DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE.