Requirements and Guidelines for Application for Graduate studyPlease follow these steps when submitting an application to graduate school in the Department of Kinesiology. The first 4 steps are required by The Graduate School at UNCG. The last are required by the Department of Kinesiology. For questions, please contact the department ( email@example.com ). Also see Graduate School FAQs.
Graduate School Requirements (see Graduate School website)
- Online application to The Graduate School. Login to the Graduate School's online application.
- All official transcripts: Send to Graduate School directly. It will speed up the processing of your application greatly if you also upload an unofficial copy of your transcript(s) as part of your online application. Please remember that you must still have your official transcripts mailed to The Graduate School.
- GRE scores: Notify the service to send to UNCG. UNCG's testing code is 5913. We expect the verbal and the quantitative scores to each be at least in the 50th percentile. The GRE writing score is also required. Send to the Graduate School directly using the school code provided.
- Three letters of recommendation: At least two of these should be from faculty
members who can address your academic capability. You may have more than three. It will speed up the processing of your application greatly if you take advantage of having your recommenders upload their recommendations directly into The Graduate School's online application system.
Please note that if any of the required items (1-4) are not submitted directly to The Graduate School they will not process your application.
Department of Kinesiology – Supplemental Applications
- KIN Supplementary Application Materials for MS, MSAT, MS/PhD, and PhD (required) PDF or MS Word; KIN Supplementary EdD Application Materials (required) PDF and MS Word: Your application will be reviewed by faculty in your interest area. We advise you to contact the faculty member or members that are in your interest area. Our department requires a goal statement (2 pages) and resume from all applicants. Doctoral applicants are also required to submit a writing sample. You should be able to upload your goal statement, resume, and writing sample (The writing sample is only required for PhD applicants.) directly to your online Graduate School application in the supplemental areas that are provided. If you are not able to do so, please return directly to the Kinesiology department via email to Paige Morris (in pdf format, if possible) or mail to the address provided on the supplemental application.
- Graduate Assistantship Applications PDF or MS Word : You should be able to upload the assistantship application direclty to your online Graduate School application in the supplemental areas that are provided. If you are not able to do so, please return directly to the Kinesiology department via email to Paige Morris (in pdf format, if possible) or mail to the address provided on the assistantship application. NOTE: EdD applicants are not eligible for assistantships.
- Please have all your application materials submitted by January 15 to receive
priority consideration for admission or an assistantship. However, admission decisions will continue to be made through April 1 for the EdD program and through July 1 for MS, MS/PhD, and PhD programs as program capacity allows. The final deadline for MSAT applications is January 15. Please note that assistantships are not available for EdD applicants.
Most applications are reviewed in the spring for fall admission. Spring admission is possible, but unlikely, and we have no assistantship funds for spring applicants.
Note: Prospective students interested in the Entry-level Master’s Athletic Training concentration area should follow the admission guidelines posted at /kin/atep/applicationprocess. The deadline for applications to this program is also January 15.
Important: International applicants are required to have their credentials formally evaluated. More information about this requirement can be found at http://grs.uncg.edu/prospective/international/