Faculty & Staff
Cybelle H. McFadden
|Ph.D., Duke University|
M.A., Duke University
B.A., Summa Cum Laude, The College of William & Mary
Phone: (336) 334-3335
Fax: (336) 334-5358
Curriculum Vitae >>
Research/ Teaching Interests
- Contemporary French and Francophone film, video, visual art, and literature
- 20th/21st century French women's film and literature; feminist theory; film theory
- French and Francophone cultures
Selected Professional Achievements
- “Technology, Resistance, and Franco-Arab Transculturalism in Nadia El Fani’s Bedwin Hacker.”
Contemporary French Civilization 38.1 (2013), in press.
- "Reflected Reflexivity in Jane B. par Agnès V.," Quarterly Review of Film & Video 28 (2011): 307-324.
- "Franco-Algerian Transcultural Tension and National Allegories, South Atlantic Review 74.2 (2009): 112-128.
- Scholars' Travel Fund (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012)
- Proposal Preparation Program, Office of Research, College of Arts and Sciences (2011)
- Regular Faculty Grant (2009-2010)