UNCG Dissertation Class
The Guide for the Preparation of Theses and Dissertations outlines the formatting and style guidelines for theses and dissertations at UNCG. The LaTeX class uncgdissertation.cls attempts to meet these specifications and is based on the standard book class.
- uncgdissertation.cls is the LaTeX class file. Class file was last updated: December 31, 1969 (19:00:00).
- Documentation (PDF) for usage instructions and package requirements.
- minimal.tex is a minimal example. In addition to the class file, it requires myreferences.bib for your references.
- tips.tex is a sample dissertation using this class and the resulting document Unofficial Tips for the UNCG Thesis/Dissertation (PDF) contains tips and advice for graduate students at UNCG writing their thesis/dissertation as well as many basic constructions in LaTeX. In addition to the class file, it requires logo.png and myreferences.bib.
- Some Hints on Mathematical Style (PDF) by David Goss
- How to Write Mathematics (PDF) by Paul Halmos
- Mathematical Writing (PDF) by Donald E. Knuth, Tracy Larrabee, and Paul M. Roberts