REU Computational Research on Local Fields and Galois Groups
We describe some of the possible research projects for this REU.
We do not expect that you have even heard of the mathematical objects on this page.
- Generating polynomials for special cases
- Galois groups of polynomials in special cases
- Ramification polygons of higher order
- Possible automorphism groups of polynomials with given invariants
- Possible Galois groups of polynomials with given invariants
- Database of local fields
- Generalization of known results to the equal characteristic case
Chad Awtrey, Department of Mathematics and Statistics,
Sebastian Pauli, Number Theory Group
Department of Mathematics and Statistics,