REU Computational Research on Local Fields and Galois Groups
Schedule of Activities} The summary schedule of main activities will be structured as follows:
- Weeks 1--2: Orientation and Training
- Welcome and tour of Elon University.
- Computing systems overview.
- Initial meetings with PIs and graduate students and social gatherings.
- Selection of topics for participants and beginning of the research.
- Intensive, targeted workshops on local fields and Galois theory.
- Introductory workshops on using LaTeX, Magma, and on using library and online resources.
- Group meetings (daily).
- Mathematical writing sessions (bi-weekly).
- Prepare technical reports on their research (weekly).
- Group lunch (daily).
- Content/research skill seminar development and/or field trip (weekly)