Office: Petty 105
Email address: email@example.com
Personal web page: www.uncg.edu/~cdsmyth/
Starting year at UNCG: 2008
Office hours: TR 11:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
Ph.D. in Mathematics, Rutgers University (2001)
- MAT 115-01 LEC (College Algebra), MW 2:00-3:15, Petty Building 303
- MAT 310-01 LEC (Elementary Linear Algebra), MW 3:30-4:45, Petty Building 217
- MAT 799-05 DTS (Dissertation)
- MAT 253-01 LEC (Discrete Mathematical Structures), TR 2:00-3:15, Petty Building 150
- MAT 353-01 LEC (Introduction to Discrete Mathematics), TR 9:30-10:45, Eberhart Building 554
- MAT 799-07 DTS (Dissertation)
- MAT 191-03 LEC (Calculus I), MWF 1:00-1:50, Petty Building 223
- MAT 516-01 LEC (Intermediate Abstract Algebra), MWF 11:00-11:50, Petty Building 007
Selected Recent Publications
- James Rudzinski and Clifford Smyth, Equivalent Formulations of the Bunk Bed Conjecture, The North Carolina Journal of Mathematics and Statistics, Vol 2 (2016)
- Karl Mahlburg and Clifford Smyth, Symmetric Polynomials and Symmetric Mean Inequalities. Electronic Journal of Combinatorics (EJC,http://www.combinatorics.org/), Volume 20, Issue 3 (2013), P34.
- Clifford Smyth, The BKR inequalities on finite distributive lattices. Combinatorics, Probability and Computing (CPC), Volume 22, Issue 04, pages 612–626, July 2013.
- Dan Cranston, Clifford Smyth, and Douglas West, Revolutionaries and spies on trees and unicyclic graphs. Journal of Combinatorics, Volume 3, Number 2, pages 195–206, 2012.
- David Howard and Clifford Smyth, Revolutionaries and spies. Discrete Mathematics, Volume 312, Issue 22, pages 3384–3391, 28 November 2012.
Dr. Smyth earned his Ph. D. in mathematics in 2001 from Rutgers University, advised by Mike Saks. Afterwards, he held postdoctoral positions at the Institute for Advance Study, Carnegie Mellon University, and MIT until joining UNCG in 2008. His research interests lie in discrete mathematics, including problems coming from combinatorial probability, theoretical computer science, discrete geometry, and combinatorial enumeration.