Clifford Smyth, Assistant Professor
Office: Petty 105
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting year at UNCG: 2008
Office hours: TR 2:00-3:00
Ph.D. in Mathematics, Rutgers University (2001)
- MAT 120-03 WTX (Calculus for Business and the Social Sciences)
- MAT 120-03D WTX (Calculus for Business and the Social Sciences)
- MAT 253-01 LEC (Discrete Mathematical Structures), TR 9:30-10:45, Petty Building 224
- MAT 516-01 LEC (Intermediate Abstract Algebra), TR 11:00-12:15, Sullivan Science Building 217
- MAT 632-01 LEC (Graph Theory), TR 12:30-1:45, Petty Building 217
Selected Recent Publications
- Clifford Smyth, The BKR inequalities on finite distributive lattices. Combinatorics, Probability and Computing (CPC), Volume 22, Issue 04, pages 612–626, July 2013.
- Clifford Smyth, Approximate Query Complexity. Association for Computing Machinery - Transactions on Computation Theory (ACM - TOCT), Volume 3, Number 1, pages 3.1–3.11, 2011.
- Jeffry Kahn, Michael Saks, and Clifford Smyth, The dual BKR inequality and Rudich’s conjecture. Combinatorics Probability, and Computing (CPC), Volume 20, Number 2, pages 257–266, 2011.
- Todd Kemp, Karl Mahlburg, Amarpreet Rattan, and Clifford Smyth, Enumeration of non-crossing pairings on bit strings. Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series A, Volume 118, Number 1, pages 129–151, 2011.
- Jozsef Balogh, Oded Regev, Clifford Smyth, William Steiger, and Mario Szegedy. Long monotone paths in line arrangements. Discrete and Computational Geometry, Volume 32, Number 32, pages 167–176, 2004.
Dr. Smyth earned a Ph.D. in 2001 from Rutgers University, and he joined the UNCG faculty in 2008. His research lies in combinatorial probability, computational complexity, and discrete geometry.