Dohyoung Ryang, Assistant Professor
Office: Petty 110
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting year at UNCG: 2010
Office hours: MWF 11:00-11:50; MW 2:00-2:50
Ed.D. in Mathematics Education, University of Alabama (2010), Ph.D. in Mathematics, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa (2005)
- MAT 151-04 LEC (Precalculus II), MWF 12:00-12:50, Petty Building 224
- MAT 191-05 LEC (Calculus I), MWF 10:00-10:50, Petty Building 224
- MAT 150-02 LEC (Precalculus I), MWF 1:00-1:50, Petty Building 224
- MAT 191-02 LEC (Calculus I), TR 9:30-10:45, Petty Building 313
Selected Recent Publications
- Ryang, D. (2013, August). Development of the Mathematics Teaching Efficacy Beliefs Instrument Korean version for elementary preservice teachers, JKSME Series A: The Mathematical Education 52(3), 363-377.
- Ryang, D. (2013, May). Developing the Mathematics Teaching Efficacy Beliefs Instrument for secondary prospective mathematics teachers, JKSME series A: The Mathematical Education 52(2), 231-245.
- Ryang, D. (2012). Groups acting on median graphs and median complexes, Pure and Applied Mathematics, 9(4), 349-361.
- Ryang, D. (2012). Exploratory analysis of Korean elementary preservice teachers’ mathematics teaching efficacy beliefs. International Electronic Journal of Mathematics Education, 7(2), 45-61.
- Ryang, D., Thompson, T., & Shwery, C. (2011). Analysis of Korean mathematics teacher educators' response to the Mathematics Teaching Efficacy Beliefs Instrument. Research in Mathematical Education, 15(3), 229-250.
Dr. Ryang earned a Ph.D. in 2005 and a Ed.D. in 2010 from the University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa. In 2010 he joined the faculty at UNCG. His research studies mathematics education and geometric group theory.