Office: Petty 110
Email address: email@example.com
Starting year at UNCG: 2010
Office hours: F 1:15 - 2:15 PM
Ed.D. in Mathematics Education, University of Alabama (2010), Ph.D. in Mathematics, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa (2005)
- MAT 151-05 LEC (Precalculus II), MWF 9:00-9:50, Petty Building 224
- MAT 191-07 LEC (Calculus I), MWF 11:00-11:50, Petty Building 223
- MAT 151-02 LEC (Precalculus II), MW 2:00-3:15, Petty Building 219
- MAT 151-05 LEC (Precalculus II), MW 5:00-6:15, Petty Building 224
Selected Recent Publications
- Han, I., Ryang, D. & Kim, J. (2015). Devleopment of Mathematics Educationin Korea: The role of the Korean Society of Mathematical Education. In J. Kim, I. Han, M. Park, & J. Lee (eds.), Mathematics Education in Korea Vol. 2: Curricular and Teaching and Learning Practices (pp.133-152). Hackensack, NJ: World Scientific Publishing.
- Ryang, D. & Kwon, N. (2014). The development of the teaching and learning conceptions questionnaire short form. Korean Journal of Teacher Education Research, 31, 81-101. In Korean, English abstract.
- Ryang, D. (2014, May) Development and validation of the Mathematics Teaching Efficacy Scale: Confirmatory factor analysis. The Mathematical Education 53(2), 185-200.
- Ryang, D. (2014, March). How to develop a scale in mathematics education research. Research in Mathematical Education 18(1), 75-86.
- Ryang, D. (2013, August). Development of the Mathematics Teaching Efficacy Beliefs Instrument Korean version for elementary preservice teachers, The Mathematical Education 52(3), 363-377.
Dr. Ryang earned a Ph.D. in 2005 and a Ed.D. in 2010 from the University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa. In 2010 he joined the faculty at UNCG. His research studies mathematics education and geometric group theory.