Office: Petty 144
Email address: email@example.com
Personal web page: www.uncg.edu/~gcbell/
Starting year at UNCG: 2005
Office hours: By Appointment Only
Ph.D. in Mathematics, University of Florida (2002)
Selected Recent Publications
- G. Bell and A. Nagórko. On the stability of asymptotic property C for products and some group extensions. Algebr. Geom. Topol. 18 (2018), no. 1, 221–245.
- Bell, G.; Moran, D.; Nagórko, A.; Coarse property C and decomposition complexity. Topology Appl. 227 (2017), 30–50.
- Gregory C. Bell. Office Hours with a Geometric Group Theorist, chapter Asymptotic Dimension. Princeton University Press, July 2017
- Bell, G. C.; Moran, D. S. On constructions preserving the asymptotic topology of metric spaces. North Carolina Journal of Mathematics and Statistics, 1, (2015), 46--57.
- Bell, G. C.; Nagórko, A. A new construction of universal spaces for asymptotic dimension. Topology Appl. 160 (2013), no. 1, 159–169.
Dr. Bell received his Ph.D. in 2002 from the University of Florida under the direction of Alexander Dranishnikov. He was a VIGRE postdoc at Penn State and joined the UNCG faculty in 2005. His research studies coarse geometry, geometric topology, and geometric group theory. He currently serves as the Associate Dean of The Graduate School.