Director of Graduate Studies
Office: Petty 144
Email address: email@example.com
Personal web page: www.uncg.edu/~gcbell/
Starting year at UNCG: 2005
Office hours: MW 11-12 and F 1-2 or by appointment
Ph.D. in Mathematics, University of Florida (2002)
- MAT 601-01 SEM (Seminar in the Teaching of Mathematics I), F 2:00-2:50, Petty Building 007
- MAT 695-01 LEC (Real Analysis), TR 12:30-1:45, Petty Building 223
- MAT 699-01 THS (Thesis)
- MAT 699-02 THS (Thesis)
- MAT 602-01 SEM (Seminar on Mathematical Software), M 1:00-1:50
- MAT 696-01 LEC (Real Analysis), TR 2:00-3:15
- MAT 699-02 DTS (Thesis)
- MAT 699-03 DTS (Thesis)
- MAT 191-01 LEC (Calculus I), MTWR 8:00-10:00
Selected Recent Publications
- Bell, G. C.; Moran, D. S. On constructions preserving the asymptotic topology of metric spaces. North Carolina Journal of Mathematics and Statistics, 1, (2015), 46--57.
- Bell, G. C.; Nagórko, A. A new construction of universal spaces for asymptotic dimension. Topology Appl. 160 (2013), no. 1, 159–169.
- Bell, G. ; Dranishnikov, A. Asymptotic dimension in Będlewo. Topology Proc. 38 (2011), 209--236.
- Bell, G. ; Dranishnikov, A. Asymptotic dimension. Topology Appl. 155 (2008), no. 12, 1265--1296.
- Bell, Gregory C. ; Fujiwara, Koji . The asymptotic dimension of a curve graph is finite. J. Lond. Math. Soc. (2) 77 (2008), no. 1, 33--50.
Dr. Bell received his Ph.D. in 2002 from the University of Florida and joined the UNCG faculty in 2005. He currently serves as the Director of Graduate Studies. His research studies geometric group theory, geometric topology, and asymptotic invariants of groups.