Greg Bell, Associate Professor
Director of Graduate Studies
Office: Petty 144
Email address: email@example.com
Personal web page: www.uncg.edu/~gcbell/
Starting year at UNCG: 2005
Office hours: MW 11:00-12:00; F 1:00-2:00
Ph.D. in Mathematics, University of Florida (2002)
- MAT 395-01 LEC (Introduction to Mathematical Analysis), MWF 10:00-10:50, Petty Building 217
- MAT 601-01 SEM (Seminar in the Teaching of Mathematics I), F 2:00-2:50, Petty Building 217
- MAT 647-01 LEC (Linear Algebra and Matrix Theory), MWF 12:00-12:50, Petty Building 007
- MAT 802-03 DIS (Dissertation Extension)
- MAT 647-01 LEC (Linear Algebra and Matrix Theory), TR 2:00-3:15
- MAT 292-11 LEC (Calculus II), MTWR 8:00-10:00
Selected Recent Publications
- Bell, G. C.; Nagórko, A. A new construction of universal spaces for asymptotic dimension. Topology Appl. 160 (2013), no. 1, 159–169.
- Bell, G. ; Dranishnikov, A. Asymptotic dimension in Będlewo. Topology Proc. 38 (2011), 209--236.
- Bell, G. ; Dranishnikov, A. Asymptotic dimension. Topology Appl. 155 (2008), no. 12, 1265--1296.
- Bell, Gregory C. ; Fujiwara, Koji . The asymptotic dimension of a curve graph is finite. J. Lond. Math. Soc. (2) 77 (2008), no. 1, 33--50.
- Bell, G. C. ; Dranishnikov, A. N. A Hurewicz-type theorem for asymptotic dimension and applications to geometric group theory. Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 358 (2006), no. 11, 4749--4764.
Dr. Bell received his Ph.D. in 2002 from the University of Florida and joined the UNCG faculty in 2005. He currently serves as the Director of Graduate Studies. His research studies geometric group theory, geometric topology, and asymptotic invariants of groups.