Greg Bell, Associate Professor
Director of Graduate Studies
Office: Petty 144
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal web page: www.uncg.edu/~gcbell/
Starting year at UNCG: 2005
Office hours: On research leave Fall 2013
Ph.D. in Mathematics, University of Florida (2002)
- MAT 799-04 DIS (Dissertation)
- MAT 395-01 LEC (Introduction to Mathematical Analysis), MWF 10:00-10:50, Petty Building 007
- MAT 698-01 LEC (General Topology), MWF 12:00-12:50, Petty Building 007
- MAT 292-11 LEC (Calculus II), MTWR 8:00-10:00, Petty Building 227
Selected Recent Publications
- Bell, G. C.; Nagórko, A. A new construction of universal spaces for asymptotic dimension. Topology Appl. 160 (2013), no. 1, 159–169.
- Bell, G. ; Dranishnikov, A. Asymptotic dimension in Będlewo. Topology Proc. 38 (2011), 209--236.
- Bell, G. ; Dranishnikov, A. Asymptotic dimension. Topology Appl. 155 (2008), no. 12, 1265--1296.
- Bell, Gregory C. ; Fujiwara, Koji . The asymptotic dimension of a curve graph is finite. J. Lond. Math. Soc. (2) 77 (2008), no. 1, 33--50.
- Bell, G. C. ; Dranishnikov, A. N. A Hurewicz-type theorem for asymptotic dimension and applications to geometric group theory. Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 358 (2006), no. 11, 4749--4764.
Dr. Bell received his Ph.D. in 2005 from the University of Florida and joined the UNCG faculty in 2005. He currently serves as the Director of Graduate Studies. His research studies geometric group theory, geometric topology, and asymptotic invariants of groups.