Director of Graduate Studies
Office: Petty 144
Email address: email@example.com
Personal web page: www.uncg.edu/~gcbell/
Starting year at UNCG: 2005
Office hours: MW 11-12 and F 1-2 or by appointment
Ph.D. in Mathematics, University of Florida (2002)
TeachingSummer Session 1, 2016
- MAT 191-01 LEC (Calculus I), MTWR 8:00-10:00, Petty Building 224
- MAT 801-01 DTS (Thesis Extension)
- MAT 595-01 LEC (Advanced Mathematical Analysis), MWF 12:00-12:50, Petty Building 007
- MAT 601-01 SEM (Seminar in the Teaching of Mathematics I), F 2:00-2:50, Petty Building 007
- MAT 603-01 PRI (Practicum Teaching of Math), MW 4:00-5:00, Petty Building 007
Selected Recent Publications
- Bell, G. C.; Moran, D. S. On constructions preserving the asymptotic topology of metric spaces. North Carolina Journal of Mathematics and Statistics, 1, (2015), 46--57.
- Bell, G. C.; Nagórko, A. A new construction of universal spaces for asymptotic dimension. Topology Appl. 160 (2013), no. 1, 159–169.
- Bell, G. ; Dranishnikov, A. Asymptotic dimension in Będlewo. Topology Proc. 38 (2011), 209--236.
- Bell, G. ; Dranishnikov, A. Asymptotic dimension. Topology Appl. 155 (2008), no. 12, 1265--1296.
- Bell, Gregory C. ; Fujiwara, Koji . The asymptotic dimension of a curve graph is finite. J. Lond. Math. Soc. (2) 77 (2008), no. 1, 33--50.
Dr. Bell received his Ph.D. in 2002 from the University of Florida and joined the UNCG faculty in 2005. He currently serves as the Director of Graduate Studies. His research studies geometric group theory, geometric topology, and asymptotic invariants of groups.