Director of Graduate Studies
Office: Petty 144
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal web page: www.uncg.edu/~gcbell/
Starting year at UNCG: 2005
Office hours: MW 11a.m. - 12:00 noon and F 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Ph.D. in Mathematics, University of Florida (2002)
- MAT 595-01 LEC (Advanced Mathematical Analysis), MWF 12:00-12:50, Petty Building 007
- MAT 601-01 SEM (Seminar in the Teaching of Mathematics I), F 2:00-2:50, Petty Building 007
- MAT 603-01 PRI (Practicum Teaching of Math), MW 4:00-5:00, Petty Building 007
- MAT 596-01 LEC (Advanced Mathematical Analysis), TR 12:30-1:45, Sullivan Science Building 217
- MAT 602-01 SEM (Seminar on Mathematical Software), MWF 3:00-3:50, Petty Building 217
- MAT 790-01 IND (Directed Doctoral Research)
- MAT 292-11 LEC (Calculus II), MTWR 8:00-10:00
Selected Recent Publications
- Bell, G. C.; Moran, D. S. On constructions preserving the asymptotic topology of metric spaces. North Carolina Journal of Mathematics and Statistics, 1, (2015), 46--57.
- Bell, G. C.; Nagórko, A. A new construction of universal spaces for asymptotic dimension. Topology Appl. 160 (2013), no. 1, 159–169.
- Bell, G. ; Dranishnikov, A. Asymptotic dimension in Będlewo. Topology Proc. 38 (2011), 209--236.
- Bell, G. ; Dranishnikov, A. Asymptotic dimension. Topology Appl. 155 (2008), no. 12, 1265--1296.
- Bell, Gregory C. ; Fujiwara, Koji . The asymptotic dimension of a curve graph is finite. J. Lond. Math. Soc. (2) 77 (2008), no. 1, 33--50.
Dr. Bell received his Ph.D. in 2002 from the University of Florida and joined the UNCG faculty in 2005. He currently serves as the Director of Graduate Studies. His research studies geometric group theory, geometric topology, and asymptotic invariants of groups.