Office: Petty 144
Email address: email@example.com
Personal web page: www.uncg.edu/~gcbell/
Starting year at UNCG: 2005
Office hours: By Appointment Only
Ph.D. in Mathematics, University of Florida (2002)
- MAT 699-01 DTS (Thesis)
- MAT 799-01 DTS (Dissertation)
- MAT 596-01 LEC (Advanced Mathematical Analysis), TR 12:30-1:45, Sullivan Science Building 217
- MAT 602-01 SEM (Seminar on Mathematical Software), MWF 3:00-3:50, Petty Building 217
- MAT 790-01 IND (Directed Doctoral Research)
Selected Recent Publications
- Bell, G.; Moran, D.; Nagórko, A.; Coarse property C and decomposition complexity. Topology Appl. 227 (2017), 30–50.
- Gregory C. Bell. Office Hours with a Geometric Group Theorist, chapter Asymptotic Dimension. Princeton University Press, July 2017
- Bell, G. C.; Moran, D. S. On constructions preserving the asymptotic topology of metric spaces. North Carolina Journal of Mathematics and Statistics, 1, (2015), 46--57.
- Bell, G. C.; Nagórko, A. A new construction of universal spaces for asymptotic dimension. Topology Appl. 160 (2013), no. 1, 159–169.
- Bell, G. ; Dranishnikov, A. Asymptotic dimension in Będlewo. Topology Proc. 38 (2011), 209--236.
Dr. Bell received his Ph.D. in 2002 from the University of Florida and joined the UNCG faculty in 2005. He currently serves as the Director of Graduate Studies. His research studies geometric group theory, geometric topology, and asymptotic invariants of groups.