Office: Petty 131
Email address: email@example.com
Personal web page: www.uncg.edu/~j_rychta/
Starting year at UNCG: 2004
Office hours: Online office hours by appointment, usually TR 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Ph.D. in Mathematics, University of Alberta (2004)
- MAT 120-03 LEC (Calculus w/ Business Applictns)
- MAT 120-02 LEC (Calculus w/ Business Applictns), T R 3:30-4:45, Stone Building 204
Selected Recent Publications
- Nina Galanter, Dennis Silva, Jonathan Rowell, Jan Rychtář. The Territorial Raider Model Applied to Multi-Group Interactions, Journal of Theoretical Biology (2017) 412, 100-106, doi: 10.1016/j.jtbi.2016.10.007
- Mark Broom, Jan Rychtář A model of food stealing with asymmetric information, Ecological Complexity 26 (2016): 137-142
- Chasity Dorsett, Hyunju Oh, Marie Paulemond, Jan Rychtář. Optimal repellent usage to combat Dengue Fever, Bulletin of Mathematical Biology, 78(5), 916-922, 10.1007/s11538-016-0167-z
- K. Pattni, M. Broom, L. Silvers, J. Rychtář. (2015) Evolutionary graph theory revisited: when is an evolutionary process equivalent to the Moran process?, Proceedings of the Royal Society A 471: 20150334. http://dx.doi.org/10.1098/rspa.2015.0334
- David Sykes, Jan Rychtář. (2015) A Game Theoretic Approach to Valuating Toxoplasmosis Vaccination Strategies, Theoretical Population Biology 105 (2015), 33-38, DOI: 10.1016/j.tpb.2015.08.003
Dr. Rychtář earned a Ph.D. in 2004 from the University of Alberta, and he joined the UNCG faculty in 2004. His research interests are mathematical biology and game theory. He has co-authored a book Game-theoretical models in biology, authored or co-authored over 50 papers in peer-reviewed journals, has been PI on the two NSF UBM grants (2006-2009 and 2009-2013), an NSF REU grant (2014-2017), co-PI on NSF REU grant (2009-2012). He received the UNCG 2012-2013 Junior Research Excellence Award. He has supervised research of over 40 undergraduate students and has served as an Interim Director of the UNCG Office of Undergraduate Research in 2012-2013. In 2008, he received UNCG CAS Teaching Excellence award. Since 2005, he organizes an annual UNCG Regional Mathematics and Statistics Conference.