Jan Rychtář, Professor
Office: Petty 130
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal web page: www.uncg.edu/~j_rychta/
Starting year at UNCG: 2004
Office hours: No office hours this semester
Ph.D. in Mathematics, University of Alberta (2004)
- MAT 115-81D WEB (College Algebra)
- MAT 120-03 WTX (Calculus for Business and the Social Sciences), Nursing, Moore Building 130
- MAT 191-02 LEC (Calculus I), TR 12:30-1:45, Petty Building 227
- MAT 191-02E LEC (Calculus I), TR 12:30-1:45, Petty Building 227
Selected Recent Publications
- Broom, M. & Rychtar, J. (in press, 2014). Asymmetric games in monomorphic and polymorphic populations. MAT Dynamic Games.
- Bruni, M., Broom, M., & Rychtar, J. (2014). Analysing territorial models on graphs. Involve, 7 (2), 129-149.
- Seifertova, D., Skupa, P., Rychtar, J., Lankova, M., Parezova, M., Petre Dobrev, Klára Hoyerová, Jan Petrásek, and Eva Zazímalová (2014). Characterization of transmembrane auxin transport in Arabidopsis suspension-cultured cells. Journal of Plant Physiology, 171, 429-437.
- Broom, M., Rychtar, J., & Sykes, D. (2014). Kleptoparasitic interactions under asymmetric resource valuation. Mathematical Modelling of Natural Phenomena, 9 (3), 138-147.
- Rychtar, J., Frynta, D., Tomek, J., Varadimova, Z., & Brom, C. (2014). Waste recycling can promote group living: A cockroach case study. Letters in Biomathematics, 1 (1), 17-22.
Dr. Rychtář earned a Ph.D. in 2004 from the University of Alberta, and he joined the UNCG faculty in 2004. His research interests are mathematical biology and game theory. He has co-authored a book Game-theoretical models in biology, authored or co-authored over 50 papers in peer-reviewed journals, has been PI on the two NSF UBM grants (2006-2009 and 2009-2013), an NSF REU grant (2014-2017), co-PI on NSF REU grant (2009-2012). He received the UNCG 2012-2013 Junior Research Excellence Award. He has supervised research of over 40 undergraduate students and has served as an Interim Director of the UNCG Office of Undergraduate Research in 2012-2013. In 2008, he received UNCG CAS Teaching Excellence award. Since 2005, he organizes an annual UNCG Regional Mathematics and Statistics Conference.