Jan Rychtář, Associate Professor
Office: Petty 130
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal web page: www.uncg.edu/~j_rychta/
Starting year at UNCG: 2004
Office hours: TR 1:45-3:00; By Appointment
Ph.D. in Mathematics, University of Alberta (2004)
- MAT 191-06 LEC (Calculus I), MWF 10:00-10:50, Petty Building 227
- MAT 293-02 LEC (Calculus III), MWF 1:00-1:50, Petty Building 224
- MAT 120-82D WEB (Calculus for Business and the Social Sciences)
- MAT 120-03 WTX (Calculus for Business and the Social Sciences), Nursing, Moore Building 130
- MAT 120-03D WTX (Calculus for Business and the Social Sciences)
- MAT 191-02 LEC (Calculus I), TR 12:30-1:45, Petty Building 227
- MAT 191-02E LEC (Calculus I), TR 12:30-1:45, Petty Building 227
- MAT 120-11D WTX (Calculus for Business and the Social Sciences)
Selected Recent Publications
- Broom, M., Rychtar, J. Game-theoretical models in biology, CRC Press 2013.
- Milada Čovanová, Michael Sauer, Jan Rychtář, Jiří Friml, Jan Petrášek, Eva Zažímalová, Overexpression of the Auxin Binding Protein1 Modulates PIN-Dependent Auxin Transport in Tobacco Cells, PLOS One 8 (7), 2013, e70050
- Broom, M. & Rychtar, J. A general framework for analysing multiplayer games in networks using territorial interactions as a case study. Journal of Theoretical Biology, 302 (2012), 70-80.
- Barker, H., Broom, M., & Rychtar, J. A game theoretic model of parasitism with strategic arrivals and departures of beetles at dung pats. Journal of Theoretical Biology, 300 (2012) 292-298.
- Gove, R., Chen, W., Zweber, N., Erwin, R., Rychtar, J., David Remington. Effects of causal networks on the structure and stability of resource allocation trait correlations. Journal of Theoretical Biology, 293 (2012), 1-14
Dr. Rychtář earned a Ph.D. in 2004 from the University of Alberta, and he joined the UNCG faculty in 2004. His research interests are mathematical biology and game theory. He has co-authored a book Game-theoretical models in biology, authored or co-authored over 45 papers in peer-reviewed journals, has been PI on the two NSF UBM grants (2006-2009 and 2009-2013), co-PI on NSF REU grant (2009-2012). He received the UNCG 2012-2013 Junior Research Excellence Award. He has supervised research of over 31 undergraduate students and has served as an Interim Director of the UNCG Office of Undergraduate Research in 2012-2013. In 2008, he received UNCG CAS Teaching Excellence award. Since 2005, he organizes an annual UNCG Regional Mathematics and Statistics Conference.