Office: Petty 147
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal web page: www.uncg.edu/~jtrowell/
Starting year at UNCG: 2012
Office hours: M 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. and W 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Ph.D in Applied Mathematics, Cornell University (2003)
- MAT 394-01 LEC (Calculus IV), MWF 1:00-1:50, Petty Building 7
- MAT 490-01 SEM (Senior Seminar in Mathematics), MW 5:00-6:15, Petty Building 217
- 699-01 DTS (Thesis)
Selected Recent Publications
- Rowell, Jonathan T. “Solution Sequences to the Keyboard Problem and its Generalizations,” Journal of Integer Sequences, 2015. (Accepted)
- Suarez*, David, P. Suthaharan*, J. Rowell, and J. Rychtar. “Evolution of cooperation in mobile populations.” SPORA – A Journal of Biomathematics, 1, no. 1 (2015): 2-7.
- Rowell, Jonathan T. and Rychtar, Jan. “Cooperative Behavior in Theory and Practice: Leading Undergraduate Research in Behavioral Mathematical Biology.” Letters in Biomathematics, 2:1 (2015): 29-45.
- Rowell, Jonathan T. and Servedio, Maria R. 2012. “Vocal Communications and the Maintenance of Population Specific Songs in a Contact Zone.” PLoS ONE 7(5): e35257.
- Rowell, Jonathan T. “Tactical Population Movements and Distributions for Ideally Motivated Competitors,” The American Naturalist, 176(5), 2010, pp. 638-650.
Dr. Rowell earned a Ph.D. in 2003 from Cornell University, and he joined the UNCG faculty in 2012. His primary research studies the application of game theory and differential equations to biological problems ranging from the cellular level to the population level.