Paul Duvall, Professor
Office: Petty 131
Email address: email@example.com
Personal web page: www.uncg.edu/~pfduvall/
Starting year at UNCG: 1986
Office hours: MWF 11:00-12:00
Ph.D. in Mathematics, University of Georgia (1967)
- MAT 631-01 LEC (Combinatorics), TR 9:30-10:45, Petty Building 223
- MAT 647-01 LEC (Linear Algebra and Matrix Theory), TR 2:00-3:15, Petty Building 217
- MAT 709-02 LEC (Topics in Computational Mathematics)
- MAT 320-01 LEC (Introduction to Topology), TR 2:00-3:15, Sullivan Science Building 218
- MAT 648-01 LEC (Linear Algebra and Matrix Theory), TR 9:30-10:45, Sullivan Science Building 218
- MAT 699-01 THS (Thesis)
Selected Recent Publications
- Duvall, P. ; Keesling, J. ; Vince, A. The Hausdorff dimension of the boundary of a self-similar tile. J. London Math. Soc. (2) 61 (2000), no. 3, 748--760.
- Duvall, P. ; Keesling, J. The Hausdorff dimension of the boundary of the Lévy dragon. Geometry and topology in dynamics (Winston-Salem, NC, 1998/San Antonio, TX, 1999), 87--97, Contemp. Math., 246, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, RI, 1999.
- Duvall, P. ; Keesling, J. The dimension of the boundary of the Lévy dragon. Internat. J. Math. Math. Sci. 20 (1997), no. 4, 627--632.
- Duvall, P. F., Jr. ; Emert, J. W. ; Husch, L. S. Compactness conditions for semigroups of linear maps. Semigroup Forum 49 (1994), no. 3, 289--301.
- Duvall, P. F., Jr. ; Emert, John Wesley ; Husch, Laurence S. Iterated function systems, compact semigroups, and topological contractions. Continuum theory and dynamical systems, 113--155, Lecture Notes in Pure and Appl. Math., 149, Dekker, New York, 1993.
Dr. Duvall earned a Ph.D. in 1967 from the University of Georgia, and he joined the UNCG faculty in 1986.