Richard Fabiano, Professor
Director of Undergraduate Studies
Office: Petty 140
Email address: email@example.com
Personal web page: www.uncg.edu/~rhfabian/
Starting year at UNCG: 1996
Office hours: W 10:00-11:30; R 2:00-3:00; F 10:00-10:45
Ph.D. in Mathematics, Virginia Tech (1986)
- MAT 190-01 LEC (Experimental Course: Precalculus), F 9:00-9:50, Petty Building 219, TR 9:30-10:45, Petty Building 227
- MAT 490-01 SEM (Senior Seminar in Mathematics), W 9:00-9:50, Petty Building 217
- MAT 709-01 LEC (Topics in Computational Mathematics), TR 11:00-12:15, Graham Building 303
- MAT 525-01 LEC (Intermediate Mathematical Analysis), TR 9:30-10:45, Stone Building 369
- MAT 709-01 LEC (Topics in Computational Mathematics), TR 11:00-12:15, Stone Building 217
Selected Recent Publications
- Fabiano, R. H. ; Turi, J. Making the numerical abscissa negative for a class of neutral equations. Dynamical systems and differential equations (Wilmington, NC, 2002). Discrete Contin. Dyn. Syst. 2003, suppl., 256--262.
- Fabiano, Richard H. Coercivity for finite element approximation of a thermoelastic beam. Proceedings of Neural, Parallel, and Scientific Computations. Vol. 2, 257--260, Dynamic, Atlanta, GA, 2002.
- Fabiano, R. H. ; Hansen, S. W. Modeling and analysis of a three-layer damped sandwich beam. Dynamical systems and differential equations (Kennesaw, GA, 2000). Discrete Contin. Dynam. Systems 2001, Added Volume, 143--155.
- Fabiano, Richard H. Stability preserving Galerkin approximations for a boundary damped wave equation. Proceedings of the Third World Congress of Nonlinear Analysts, Part 7 (Catania, 2000). Nonlinear Anal. 47 (2001), no. 7, 4545--4556.
- Fabiano, R. H. A renorming method for thermoelastic models. SIAM/SEAS special issue (Knoxville, TN, 1999). Appl. Anal. 77 (2001), no. 1-2, 61--75.
Dr. Fabiano earned a Ph.D. in 1996 from Virginia Tech, and he joined the UNCG faculty in 1996. His research studies applied mathematics, differential equations, and control theory.