Talia Fernós, Assistant Professor
Office: Petty 143
Email address: email@example.com
Personal web page: www.uncg.edu/~t_fernos/
Starting year at UNCG: 2010
Office hours: TR 10:45-11:30 (MAT 591); 3:15-4:00 (MAT 191); By Appointment
Ph.D. in Mathematics, University of Illinois at Chicago (2006)
- MAT 191-03 LEC (Calculus I), TR 2:00-3:15, Petty Building 227
- MAT 591-01 LEC (Advanced Abstract Algebra), TR 9:30-10:45, Eberhart Building 161
- MAT 191-01 LEC (Calculus I), TR 2:00-3:15
- MAT 592-01 LEC (Advanced Abstract Algebra), TR 9:30-10:45
Selected Recent Publications
- Fernós, Talia . Relative property (T) and the vanishing of the first ℓ 2 -Betti number. Bull. Belg. Math. Soc. Simon Stevin 17 (2010), no. 5, 851--857.
- Fernos, Talia . Relative property (T), linear groups, and applications. Thesis (Ph.D.)–University of Illinois at Chicago. ProQuest LLC, Ann Arbor, MI, 2006. 105 pp. ISBN: 978-0542-86795-8
- Fernós, Talia . Relative property (T) and linear groups. Ann. Inst. Fourier (Grenoble) 56 (2006), no. 6, 1767--1804.
- Fernós, Talia; Valette Alain; appendix by Martin, Florian; Valette, Alain. Reduced 1-cohomology and relative property (T). Mathematische Zeitschrift (15 December 2010), pp. 1-14.
Dr. Fernós earned a Ph.D. in 2006 from the University of Illinois at Chicago, and she joined the UNCG faculty in 2010. Upon completion of her PhD, she was awarded the NSF Mathematical Sciences Postdoctoral Fellowship. Dr. Fernós has organized conferences and established collaborations in several countries. Her research studies infinite groups from both geometric and analytical perspectives.