Office: Petty 143
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal web page: www.uncg.edu/~t_fernos/
Starting year at UNCG: 2010
Office hours: TR 3:15-4:45; By Appointment
Ph.D. in Mathematics, University of Illinois at Chicago (2006)
- MAT 191-01 LEC (Calculus I), TR 2:00-3:15, Petty Building 224
- MAT 292-03 LEC (Calculus II), TR 12:30-1:45, Petty Building 313
- MAT 191-04 LEC (Calculus I), MWF 12:00-12:50, Petty Building 150
- MAT 293-01 LEC (Calculus III), MWF 2:00-2:50, Petty Building 219
Selected Recent Publications
- Fernós, Talia . Relative property (T) and the vanishing of the first ℓ 2 -Betti number. Bull. Belg. Math. Soc. Simon Stevin 17 (2010), no. 5, 851--857.
- Fernos, Talia . Relative property (T), linear groups, and applications. Thesis (Ph.D.)–University of Illinois at Chicago. ProQuest LLC, Ann Arbor, MI, 2006. 105 pp. ISBN: 978-0542-86795-8
- Fernós, Talia . Relative property (T) and linear groups. Ann. Inst. Fourier (Grenoble) 56 (2006), no. 6, 1767--1804.
- Fernós, Talia; Valette Alain; appendix by Martin, Florian; Valette, Alain. Reduced 1-cohomology and relative property (T). Mathematische Zeitschrift (15 December 2010), pp. 1-14.
Dr. Fernós earned a Ph.D. in 2006 from the University of Illinois at Chicago, and she joined the UNCG faculty in 2010. Upon completion of her PhD, she was awarded the NSF Mathematical Sciences Postdoctoral Fellowship. Dr. Fernós has organized conferences and established collaborations in several countries. Her research studies infinite groups from both geometric and analytical perspectives.