Office: Petty 141
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting year at UNCG: 2013
Office hours: TR 3:00-4:00
Ph.D. in Mathematics, University of Tennessee (2013)
- MAT 293-02 LEC (Calculus III), TR 8:00-9:15, Petty Building 223
- MAT 623-01 LEC (Numerical Mathematics), TR 11:00-12:15, Petty Building 223
- MAT 190-01 LEL (Experimental Course: Precalculus), F 9:00-9:50, Petty Building 227, TR 9:30-10:45, Petty Building 224
- MAT 624-01 LEC (Numerical Mathematics), TR 12:30-1:45, Petty Building 217
- MAT 151-11 LEC (Precalculus II), MTWR 2:30-4:30, Petty Building 224
Selected Recent Publications
- X. Feng and T. Lewis. Mixed interior penalty discontinuous Galerkin methods for fully nonlinear second order elliptic and parabolic equations in high dimensions, to appear in Numerical Methods Partial Differential Equations, 2014.
- T. Lewis. Finite difference and discontinuous Galerkin finite element methods for fully nonlinear second order partial differential equations, Ph.D. diss., University of Tennessee, 2013.
- T. Lewis and M. Neilan. Convergence analysis of a symmetric dual-wind discontinuous Galerkin method, to appear in J. of Comp. Phy. 2013.
- X. Feng and T. Lewis. Local discontinuous Galerkin methods for one-dimensional second order fully nonlinear elliptic and parabolic equations, to appear in J. of Sci. Comp. 2013.
- X. Feng, C. Kao, and T. Lewis. Convergent finite difference methods for one-dimensional fully nonlinear second order partial differential equations, J. of Comp. and Appl. Math. 254:81-98, 2013.
Dr. Lewis earned a Ph.D. in 2013 from the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, and he joined the faculty at UNCG the same year. His research focuses on numerical PDEs and applied mathematics.