Office: Petty 111
Email address: email@example.com
Personal web page: www.uncg.edu/~vaughanj/
Starting year at UNCG: 1973
Office hours: MWF 9:00-10:00 TT 1:30-2:30
Ph.D. in Mathematics, Duke University (1965)
- MAT 394-01 LEC (Calculus IV), MWF 10:00-10:50, Petty Building 227
- MAT 490-01 SEM (Senior Seminar in Mathematics), F 9:00-9:50, Petty Building 007
- MAT 737-01 LEC (General Topology), MWF 1:00-1:50, Petty Building 007
Selected Recent Publications
- "Fibers of continuous real-valued functions on $\psi$-spaces" with Catherine Payne, Topology and Appl., (Special Issue in memory of Mary Ellen Rudin, Guest Editors Gary Gruenhage and Peter Nyikos), to appear.
- Dow, Alan ; Vaughan, Jerry E. Ordinal remainders of ψ-spaces. Topology Appl. 158 (2011), no. 14, 1852--1857.
- Kočinac, Ljubiša D. R. ; Vaughan, Jerry E. Preface [Special issue: Analysis, topology and applications 2010 (ATA 2010)—SI: ATA 2010]. Held in Vrnjačka Banja, June 20–25, 2010. Topology Appl. 158 (2011), no. 12, 1325.
- Dow, Alan ; Vaughan, Jerry E. Mrówka maximal almost disjoint families for uncountable cardinals. Topology Appl. 157 (2010), no. 8, 1379--1394.
- Open problems collected from the Spring Topology and Dynamical Systems Conference 2006. Held at the University of North Carolina, Greensboro, NC, March 23–25, 2006. Edited by Jerry E. Vaughan. Topology Proc. 31 (2007), no. 1, 379--401.
Dr. Vaughan earned a Ph.D. in 1965 from Duke University, and he joined the UNCG faculty in 1973. His research studies general topology, set theory and logic, functional analysis, and set-theoretic topology.