Office: Petty 110
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal web page: www.uncg.edu/~y_zhang7/
Starting year at UNCG: 2017
Office hours: TR 10:30 p.m. - 12:00 noon, 2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m., and by appointment
Ph. D. in Mathematics, Louisiana State University (2013)
- MAT 292-03 LEC (Calculus II), TR 3:30-4:45, Petty Building 223
- MAT 293-02 LEC (Calculus III), TR 12:30-1:45, Graham Building 207
Selected Recent Publications
- X. Feng, Y. Li and Y. Zhang. Finite element methods for the stochastic Allen-Cahn equation with gradient-type multiplicative noises. SIAM J. Numer. Anal., 55:194--216, 2017.
- S.C. Brenner, J. Gedicke, L.-Y. Sung and Y. Zhang. An a posteriori analysis of C^0 interior penalty methods for the obstacle problem of clamped Kirchhoff plates. SIAM J. Numer. Anal., 55:87--108, 2017.
- S.C. Brenner, L.-Y. Sung, and Y. Zhang. A quadratic C^0 interior penalty method for an elliptic optimal control problem with state constraints, Recent Developments in Discontinuous Galerkin Finite Element Methods for Partial Differential Equations, IMA Volumes in Mathematics and Its Applications, 157, 2012 John H Barrett Memorial Lectures, X. Feng, O. Karakashian, and Y. Xing, eds., Springer, 2014, pp. 97--132.
- S.C. Brenner, L.-Y. Sung, H. Zhang, and Y. Zhang. A Morley finite element method for the displacement obstacle problem of clamped Kirchhoff plates. J. Comput. Appl. Math., 254:31--42, 2013.
- S.C. Brenner, L.-Y. Sung, and Y. Zhang. Finite element methods for the displacement obstacle problem of clamped plates. Math. Comp., 81:1247--1262, 2012.
Dr. Zhang earned a Ph.D. in 2013 from Louisiana State University. He held postdoctoral positions at University of Tennessee, Knoxville and University of Notre Dame, after that he joined UNCG in 2017. His research interests include Numerical PDEs, Finite Element Methods, Variational Inequalities and Numerical Optimization.