Sat N. Gupta, PhD
Department of Mathematics and Statistics
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- Predictors of Success in Entry-Level Undergraduate Mathematics Courses (with David, Harris, Nellie Carrier and Paul Carron): College Student Journal, Vol. 40, No. 1, 97-108, 2006.
- On Improved estimators of K and B in Finite Population (with Javid Shabbir). Journal of Statistics and Management Systems, Vol. 9, No. 1, 15-25, 2006.
- A New Estimator of Population Mean in Stratified Sampling (with Javid Shabbir). Communications in Statistics – Theory and Methods, Vol. 35, No. 7, 1201-1209, 2006.
- A Comparison of Multiplicative and Additive Optional RRT Models (with Bill Thornton, Javid Shabbir and Sunil Singhal). Journal of Statistical Theory and Applications, Vol. 5, No. 3, 226-239, 2006.
- GIS-based Analysis of Harp and Hooded Seal Sighting Locations on Shore in the Southern Gulf of Maine (with David Harris, Rosemary Mosher and Mathew Bampton). Journal of Interdisciplinary Mathematics, Vol. 9, No. 2, 267-285, 2006.
- An Alternative to Warner’s Randomized Response Model (with Javid Shabbir). Journal of Modern Applied Statistical Methods, Vol. 5, No. 2, 328-331, 2006.
- GIS - Based Analysis of Ice-Breeding Seal Strandings in the Gulf of Maine (With David Harris). Northeastern Naturalist, Vol. 13. No. 3, 403-420, 2006.
- On Dual to Ratio Type Estimators of Population Mean using Transformed Auxiliary Variable (with Javid Shabbir). Journal of Combinatorics, Information and System Sciences, Vol. 31, No. 1-4, 305-316, 2006.
- Modifications to Warner’s Model Using Blank Cards (with Javid Shabbir). American Journal of Mathematical and Management Sciences, Vol. 26, No. 1&2, 185-196, 2006.
- On Estimation of Finite Population Variance (with Javid Shabbir). Journal of Interdisciplinary Mathematics, Vol. 9, No. 2, 405-419, 2006.
- On Improvement in Variance Estimation Using Auxiliary Information (with Javid Shabbir). Communications in Statistics – Theory and Methods, Vol. 36, No 12, 1-9, 2007.
- On Estimating the Finite Population Mean with Known Population Proportion of an Auxiliary Variable (with Javid Shabbir). Pakistan Journal of Statistics, Vol. 23, No. 1, 1-9, 2007.
- Life and Work of C. R. Rao. Journal of Statistical Theory and Practice, Vol. 1, No. 1, 141-146, 2007.
- An Alternative to Ryu et al. Randomized Response Model (with Zawar Hussain and Javid Shabbir). Journal of Statistics and Management Sciences, Vol.10, No.4, 511-517, 2007.
- Sensitivity Estimation in a Two-Stage Optional Randomized Response Model (with Javid Shabbir). Journal of Indian Society of Agricultural Statistics, Vol. 61, No. 2, 164-168, 2007.
- On the Use of Transformed Auxiliary Variables in Estimating Population Mean by Using Two Auxiliary Variables (with Javid Shabbir). Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, Vol. 137, No. 5, 1606-1611, 2007.
- On Improvement in Estimating the Population Mean in Simple Random Sampling (with Javid Shabbir). Journal of Applied Statistics, Vol. 35, No.5, 559-566, 2008.
- Estimation of Median in Two-Phase Sampling using Two Auxiliary Variables (with Javid Shabbir). Communications in Statistics – Theory and Methods, Vol. 37, No. 11, 1815-1822, 2008.
- Variance Estimation in Simple Random Sampling Using Auxiliary information (with Javid Shabbir). Hacettepe Journal of Mathematics and Statistics, Vol. 37, No.1, pp. 57-67, 2008.
- On Estimating the Ratio of two Population Proportions using Auxiliary Information (with Javid Shabbir), Journal of Indian Society of Agricultural Statistics, Vol. 62, No. 2, pp. 149-155, 2008.
Recent Grant Activity
- April 2008- Co-PI on a funded two-year $264,106 grant “The Effects of Nurse Presenteeism on Quality of Care and Patient Safety” funded by Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
- May 2006 - Grant Statistician/Senior Personnel on a funded 3-year (2006-2009) NSF grant 0634182 ($239,835), “UBM/RUI: Using Collaborative Undergraduate Research to Train Students in Mathematics and Biology at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro”.
Currently Co-PI on three pending proposals:
- Predicting Persistent Fatigue in Older Adults after Myocardial Infarction: R01 grant from School of Nursing (PI: Patricia Crane)
- Esperanza: Offering Hope for Depression in Latina Women of Mexican Origin: School of Nursing grant proposal (PI: Mona Shattell)
- Post-Disaster Influence of Social Relations on Mental Health-Related Service Use: Grant proposal from Department of Anthropology (PI: Eric Jones)
Selected Consulting with Off-campus Clients
- IDEXX Labs (Westbrook, Maine): Consultant since 1995. Provide consulting on variety of regulatory compliance issues related to development of variety of diagnostic test kits.
- IDEXX Blue Ridge Pharmaceuticals (Greensboro, North Carolina). Provided consulting on a clinical trials project, Fall 2005.
Consultant in many legal cases - Testified in courts as expert witness