Mathematics Placement Test Information
The Math Placement Tests will determine your eligibility to enroll in MAT 120, 190, or 191. Certain entry level courses have no prerequisites; students who wish to enroll in MAT 112, 115, 150, or STA 108 may do so without a placement test.
- MAT 115 (College Algebra) is a prerequisite for MAT 120 (Business Calculus)
- MAT 150 (Precalculus 1) is a prerequisite for MAT 151 (Precalculus 2), which is a prerequisite for MAT 191 (Calculus 1)
- MAT 190 (single semester Precalculus) is a prerequisite for MAT 191 (Calculus 1)
On Placement Test A, a score of 60% or better allows enrollment in MAT 190. A score of 80% or better allows enrollment in MAT 120 plus access to Placement Test B. A score of 80% or better on Placement Test B allows enrollment in MAT 191.
|60% or better on Test A||MAT 190 (Precalculus)|
|80% or better on Test A||MAT 120 (Business Calculus)|
|80% or better on Test A and Test B||MAT 191 (Calculus 1)|
- Course credit and advanced placement information can be found in the Bulletin. The math placement test does not award any course credit.
- The placement test can only be taken once, and the score is only valid for 1 year.
- The placement test cannot be used to overlook insufficient grade in a prerequisite course that has already been taken. e.g., a student with C- or lower in MAT 151 cannot use the placement test to place into MAT 191.