Dohyoung Ryang, Assistant Professor
Office: Petty 110
Email address: email@example.com
Starting year at UNCG: 2010
Ed.D. in Mathematics Education, University of Alabama (2010), Ph.D. in Mathematics, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa (2005)
TeachingOffice hours: TR 10:00-11:15 and 3:15-4:00; By Appointment
- MAT 150-07 LEC (Precalculus I), MWF 9:00-9:50, Sullivan Science Building 355
- MAT 150-07E LEC (Precalculus I), MWF 9:00-9:50, Sullivan Science Building 355
- MAT 304-01 LEC (Introduction to the Foundations of Geometry), MW 2:00-3:15, Petty Building 223
- MAT 112-81D WEB (Contemporary Topics in Mathematics)
- MAT 151-04 LEC (Precalculus II), TR 11:00-12:15, Petty Building 213
- MAT 151-04E LEC (Precalculus II), TR 11:00-12:15, Petty Building 213
- MAT 303-01 LEC (Topics in Mathematics), TR 2:00-3:15, Petty Building 217
- MAT 115-01D WTX (College Algebra)
- Brick, Stephen G. ; Corson, Jon M. ; Ryang, Dohyoung . A quasi-isometry invariant loop shortening property for groups. Internat. J. Algebra Comput. 18 (2008), no. 8, 1243--1257.
- Ryang, D.; Thompson, T. Expanding shake-hands: Investigating sigma K. Mathematics Teacher (2008).
- Ryang, D.; Thompson, T.; Shwery, C. Korean mathematics teacher educators' response on the mathematics teaching efficacy beliefs instrument. Research in mathematical education (2011), no. 15, 315--336.
- Ryang, D.; Thompson, T. A revision of the mathematics teaching efficacy beliefs instrument for korean preservice teachers. Proceedings of the 38th annual meeting of research council of mathematics learning (2011), 144--150.
- Ryang, D. Exploratory analysis of korean elementary preservice teachers' personal efficacy and outcome expectancy in mathematics teaching. Proceedings of the 38th annual meeting of research council of mathematics learning (2011), 18--26.
Dr. Ryang earned a Ph.D. in 2005 and a Ed.D. in 2010 from the University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa. In 2010 he joined the faculty at UNCG. His research studies mathematics education and geometric group theory.