Jan Rychtář, Associate Professor
Office: Petty 130
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal web page: www.uncg.edu/~j_rychta/
Starting year at UNCG: 2004
Ph.D. in Mathematics, University of Alberta (2004)
Office hours: No Office Hours
- Broom, M. ; Rychtář, J. Kleptoparasitic melees—modelling food stealing featuring contests with multiple individuals. Bull. Math. Biol. 73 (2011), no. 3, 683--699.
- Wilhelm, M. ; Chhetri, M. ; Rychtář, J. ; Rueppell, O. A game theoretical analysis of the mating sign behavior in the honey bee. Bull. Math. Biol. 73 (2011), no. 3, 626--638.
- Johanis, Michal ; Rychtář, Jan . An enhanced model of a two player singled out game. J. Stat. Theory Pract. 4 (2010), no. 4, 679--697.
- Broom, M. ; Hadjichrysanthou, C. ; Rychtář, J. ; Stadler, B. T. Addendum: Two results on evolutionary processes on general non-directed graphs [ MR2439285]. Proc. R. Soc. Lond. Ser. A Math. Phys. Eng. Sci. 466 (2010), no. 2121, 2795--2798.
- Krenicky, Joseph N. ; Rychtář, Jan . On the relationship between volume and surface area. Involve 3 (2010), no. 1, 1--8.
Dr. Rychtář earned a Ph.D. in 2004 from the University of Alberta, and he joined the UNCG faculty in 2004. His research interests are mathematical biology, game theory and functional analysis. He has authored or co-authored over 40 presentations in peer-reviewed journals, has been PI on the two NSF UBM grants (2006-2009 and 2009-2012), co-PI on NSF REU grant (2009-2012). He has supervised research of over 15 undergraduate students during various research projects. In 2008, he received UNCG CAS Teaching Excellence award. Since 2005, he organizes an annual UNCG Regional Mathematics and Statistics Conference.