Paul Duvall, Professor
Office: Petty 131
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal web page: www.uncg.edu/~pfduvall/
Starting year at UNCG: 1986
Ph.D. in Mathematics, University of Georgia (1967)
TeachingOffice hours: MWF 11:00-12:00
- MAT 394-01 LEC (Calculus IV), TR 3:30-4:45, Petty Building 223
- MAT 519-01 LEC (Intuitive Concepts in Topology), TR 2:00-3:15, Nursing, Moore Building 330
- MAT 191-05 LEC (Calculus I), TR 9:30-10:45, Sullivan Science Building 201
- MAT 394-01 LEC (Calculus IV), TR 2:00-3:15, School of Education Building 212
- Duvall, P. ; Keesling, J. ; Vince, A. The Hausdorff dimension of the boundary of a self-similar tile. J. London Math. Soc. (2) 61 (2000), no. 3, 748--760.
- Duvall, P. ; Keesling, J. The Hausdorff dimension of the boundary of the Lévy dragon. Geometry and topology in dynamics (Winston-Salem, NC, 1998/San Antonio, TX, 1999), 87--97, Contemp. Math., 246, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, RI, 1999.
- Duvall, P. ; Keesling, J. The dimension of the boundary of the Lévy dragon. Internat. J. Math. Math. Sci. 20 (1997), no. 4, 627--632.
- Duvall, P. F., Jr. ; Emert, J. W. ; Husch, L. S. Compactness conditions for semigroups of linear maps. Semigroup Forum 49 (1994), no. 3, 289--301.
- Duvall, P. F., Jr. ; Emert, John Wesley ; Husch, Laurence S. Iterated function systems, compact semigroups, and topological contractions. Continuum theory and dynamical systems, 113--155, Lecture Notes in Pure and Appl. Math., 149, Dekker, New York, 1993.
Dr. Duvall earned a Ph.D. in 1967 from the University of Georgia, and he joined the UNCG faculty in 1986.