Talia Fernós, Assistant Professor
Office: Petty 143
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal web page: www.uncg.edu/~t_fernos/
Starting year at UNCG: 2010
Ph.D. in Mathematics, University of Illinois at Chicago (2006)
TeachingOffice hours: TR 12:15-1:00 and 3:15-4:00; By Appointment
- MAT 292-01 LEC (Calculus II), MWF 1:00-1:50, Petty Building 150
- MAT 311-01 LEC (Introduction to Abstract Algebra), MWF 10:00-10:50, Petty Building 150
- MAT 293-01 LEC (Calculus III), TR 2:00-3:15, Petty Building 303
- MAT 311-01 LEC (Introduction to Abstract Algebra), TR 11:00-12:15, Sullivan Science Building 218
- MAT 394-01 LEC (Calculus IV), TR 11:00-12:15, Petty Building 223
- MAT 395-01 LEC (Introduction to Mathematical Analysis), TR 2:00-3:15, Petty Building 224
- Fernós, Talia . Relative property (T) and the vanishing of the first ℓ 2 -Betti number. Bull. Belg. Math. Soc. Simon Stevin 17 (2010), no. 5, 851--857.
- Fernos, Talia . Relative property (T), linear groups, and applications. Thesis (Ph.D.)–University of Illinois at Chicago. ProQuest LLC, Ann Arbor, MI, 2006. 105 pp. ISBN: 978-0542-86795-8
- Fernós, Talia . Relative property (T) and linear groups. Ann. Inst. Fourier (Grenoble) 56 (2006), no. 6, 1767--1804.
- Fernós, Talia; Valette Alain; appendix by Martin, Florian; Valette, Alain. Reduced 1-cohomology and relative property (T). Mathematische Zeitschrift (15 December 2010), pp. 1-14.
Dr. Fernós earned a Ph.D. in 2006 from the University of Illinois at Chicago, and she joined the UNCG faculty in 2010. Upon completion of her PhD, she was awarded the NSF Mathematical Sciences Postdoctoral Fellowship. Dr. Fernós has organized conferences and established collaborations in several countries. Her research studies infinite groups from both geometric and analytical perspectives.